September 2014 Weddings

Bridesmaids and Groomsmen advice!!

Ok first off neither my fiance nor I are super traditional but I'm trying to figure out the bridesmaid and groomsmen situation.  First of all his best "man" is female and my "maid" of honor is male I also have one male bridesmaid.  Right now the set up is two guys and two girls on my side (4 total) and he has 5 people in for his groomsmen putting 4 guys and one girl on his side. Now I know TRADITIONALLY the numbers are supposed to be even and the gender are supposed to pair up but evidently we aren't traditionalists.   Now what I'm trying to figure out is whether or not it's ABSOLUTELY necessary for each of us to have 5?  Also I'm trying to figure out in my head how they would walk down the isle any ideas?  I don't know much about weddings and haven't been to many so I'm not very good at visualizing things.

Re: Bridesmaids and Groomsmen advice!!

• I am doing mixgender bridal party too. Luckily I have 4 and 4 2 guys and 2 girls per side. I am going to have them walk separately down the aisle in the beginning of the ceremony and have them walk on pairs when leaving. May I suggest your 5th help an important member of the family leave? Or just have him/her bring up the rear. No one is going to care or remember, promise!
  • Definitely NOT important to have even sides! I'd suggest that your BP doesn't walk up as pairs, though. 
  • Our wedding won't have even sides. I think its totally fine to be uneven and mixed gender.
  • They don't need to be even.  What's important is that who want beside you is there.
  • It doesn't matter how many you have.  I'm not sure we are going to have an even number of MD's and GM.  If not I am going to have one of them walk by themselves at the end.  It's your wedding so even if it's not traditional, it's all about you and him and what you want. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards