October 2014 Weddings
Options

Don't Seem So Crazy

I'm so excited that I've found a place where everyone else is just like me... 600 days away from their wedding day. I have to say I feel a little weird at times giving people my date because its not exactly around the corner. But here, I feel so at home!

Re: Don't Seem So Crazy

• Options
    Some people can be a little critical with opinions for us starting so early but why wouldn't you want to get started as early as possible! The wedding comes up so fast!! We welcome you with open arms :
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_dont-seem-so-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:e7f8d9a5-5f51-4863-9a15-b89722dfb939Post:646ec233-f374-4f28-8c5f-5bd3238d9c79">Don't Seem So Crazy</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so excited that I've found a place where everyone else is just like me... 600 days away from their wedding day. I have to say I feel a little weird at times giving people my date because its not exactly around the corner. But here, I feel so at home!
    Posted by slmorgan83[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. There's nothing wrong with being ahead of the game.
    Less stress as you get closer to the day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I concur, I actually already have a DJ, Photographer picked. PLUS, I have more time to save money for a bigger budget!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like I'm BEHIND! lol 
    I am in the process of looking for a venue, but a couple we looked at are already booked! 
  • Options
    @rsbloom: Already booked?! You live in a big city though, (It says San Diego under your screen name, Im not a stalker lol) I imagine planning is so much harder to do for you in your area.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am in San Diego, so there are a lot of venues, and I haven't looked at all of them, that would be impossible lol, but of  the ones I like i think about half the venues I emailed for info were already booked on the first date we wanted 10/4, so we may be hving to do it later in October.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2014-weddings_dont-seem-so-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:b65bfbe8-5f94-4b5f-8c03-c96f91929372Discussion:e7f8d9a5-5f51-4863-9a15-b89722dfb939Post:c2e97464-4d88-47e5-88b4-c191cc6e1319">Re:Don't Seem So Crazy</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Some people can be a little critical with opinions for us starting so early</strong> but why wouldn't you want to get started as early as possible! The wedding comes up so fast!! We welcome you with open arms :
    Posted by nmsterni914[/QUOTE]

I have noticed that as well, and I'm not sure if they are from smaller areas, got married in an off season or what, but I can tell you that in PIttsburgh many of the venues and vendors book 1-1.5 years in advance, and especially for October, as it has become one of the most popular months to get married now.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I'm a classic procrastinator but when it comes to something like this that I've planned for almost my whole adolescence, I had to jump right in as soon as I got engaged. I've bought my dress already and I'm DIYing a lot of my accessories and ceremony stuff and sent my save the dates already. I truly don't feel like I'm too early because now no one has the excuse "i wish I had known sooner!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards