November 2014 Weddings

Hello fellow November 2014 Ladies!

I just wanted to say hello to all of the other ladies planning on the November 2014 board! We have the tentative date of November 1st for our desination wedding! I am very excited to be planning and look forward to helping each other and gt excited as we count downto our BIG days!
Congratulations to everyone!Smile

Re: Hello fellow November 2014 Ladies!

• Hello MrsBishop. We are tentative planning a November 15, 2014 wedding. It would have been my grandparents 67th wedding anniversary. About the only thing I've done so far is set an aproximate guest count and picked our colors. We haven't decided if we want a wedding by where we live or where he grew up/meet as kids. I'm having a hard time getting venues to call/email back about info on renting the space. I'm hoping that once the holidays are over with a few of the places I called/emailed will call/email me back.

Where are you planning your DW? I always wanted a Disney wedding(HUGE Cinderella/Disney Princess fan) but FH's family is HUGE (aunts/uncles/cousins) AND not many of them could afford to come if we did a DW at Disney(or anywhere).
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • edited February 2013
    I'm also getting married November 1st! We're keeping the same anniversary this way! However my wedding is on the grounds of an estate we've rented for both wedding and reception,
  • Another 1 November wedding here! It's also our original anniversary, so it keeps things simple. We're probably not doing a ceremony--we just don't have the money for that, being recent college grads with loans out the wazzoo--but a nice reception/party after for our friends.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hi Yall!!! It's so nice to see that I/we are not the only ones planning a wedding so far in advance... We chose November 1, 2014 so that we could save up money, pay for the wedding as we go, and not end up in debt. It also will allow Texas a bit of a chance to cool off from the dreadful summer heat.  Right now we are looking at having our wedding/reception in a beautiful barn (very large and made specifically for weddings). Before we decided on the barn venue, we chose the colors Regency (a beautiful bright purple, named Regency by David's Bridal) and Silver. The colors might change-not sure at this point. So far, we have our friend performing the ceremony, his wife and another friend of mine as co-matrons of honor, and two others picked out as bridesmaids, but haven't been asked yet. I am not sure how many of his groomsmen/best man he has asked yet.

I know that in the last week I had become pretty discouraged about the wedding. One of my Matrons has limited phone usage at the moment, so we were unable to chat about ideas and such, and that the other one said she would talk to me about my ideas but never contacted me back about it. It has been almost a week now. So I was feeling pretty disappointed, but my wonderful fiance spent an hour with me last night looking at photos, talking with me, and coming up with ideas. He even watched a couple of episodes of Say Yes to the Dress Bridesmaids with me. 

Is anyone else in the DFW (Dallas / Fort Worth) area? 

Of course it doesn't matter if you are or are not in this area, I would LOVE to chat with other brides with wedding dates near the same time as ours.

Very Sincerely,

Melissa
  • We chose November 8th because Sunday November 2nd is when the clocks will be changed an hour back, so that means we will have more "night" and time to celebrate since we have to lower the music by 10pm and we also want to get married around 5:15pm during sunset! :)
  • We still need to book the venue (although we have it picked) but will be choosing November 1st or November 8th, when we book in the next couple of weeks. It seems so far yet so close, less than 18 months away!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We've booked November 8, 2014! We didn't really care about the specific date, but were looking for a venue we really liked in the city, and needed it to be far enough after the bar exam my fiance is taking at the end of July, 2014. Was originally thinking September/October, but lots of the dates were already taken. 
  • November 8, 2014 (tentatively) wedding date.
  • November 2nd, 2014 (tentatively as well)

Hopefully nailing down a venue this weekend!
  • edited August 2013

I am located in Grandview, Tx.

November 8 or 9 th as well.

• November 8 or 9 2014 tentatively as well.
  • Tentatively November 16th 2014 (3 year anniversary!).
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • sfuse76sfuse76 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2013
    Ours is November 7, 2014.  It is so nice to see that I'm not the only one in planning mode already.  I'm afraid some people think I'm a bit crazy!  lol
  • Hey Ladies! I too am planning a Nov. 2014 wedding.....we're getting married on Wed. Nov. 26th (thanksgiving eve).  Anyone looking to save a few bucks, consider that date-we got a great deal!!!

Congratulations everyone & Happy planning!!!

xoxo
  • aruizmargenotaruizmargenot member
    First Comment
    edited September 2013
    Hey everyone! We are set for November 8 at Bella Collina in Montverde, FL. We're really excited. We thought November 8 would be fun because my birthday is July 1 and our dating anniversary is July 8...and my fiance's birthday is November 1 so we decided to do November 8 for our date. Just something easy to remember and a way to celebrate happy occasions 2 weeks in a row! 

Anyone else feel like they are kind of in limbo since the date is so far in advance? I'm thrilled that we have plenty of time to plan, but since we have the date set and the location booked I feel like I don't have anything to do with the wedding at the moment! We're just enjoying being engaged for now. :)
  • Congratulations ladies. I too am getting married November 1st 2014. We live in Banff, but we are going to have our wedding 20 mins away in Canmore. So far Venue booked, as well as photographer. I have a feeling this wedding planning stuff is going to be the death of me haha.
  • Pittsburgh, PA bride and we are hoping for November 8th. Right between both of our parents anniversaries!!
  • Hi everyone! We're planning a November 8th, 2014 wedding as well. Would have loved to do a Nov. 1st wedding but the Catholic church won't marry on a holy day of obligation. Happy Planning :)
  • Congrats to everyone! We also are having a November 8, 2014 wedding. @aruizmargenot, I agree with you about being in lingo now! I was so anxious to book a venue for our date, now I have to wait cause I don't want to do things too far in advance!
  • Congrats Lady! I am also November 1st :) I have already started my planning!
  • Hey everyone! We are set for November 8 at Bella Collina in Montverde, FL. We're really excited. We thought November 8 would be fun because my birthday is July 1 and our dating anniversary is July 8...and my fiance's birthday is November 1 so we decided to do November 8 for our date. Just something easy to remember and a way to celebrate happy occasions 2 weeks in a row! 

Anyone else feel like they are kind of in limbo since the date is so far in advance? I'm thrilled that we have plenty of time to plan, but since we have the date set and the location booked I feel like I don't have anything to do with the wedding at the moment! We're just enjoying being engaged for now. :)
    Eh, we're not that far in advance--it's about one year away. In our area, venues and vendors get booked about a year in advance, so we're getting started now.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • 14 November 2014 wedding here :) Its our anniversary day and what a way to celebrate in beautiful , sunny South Africa :):) 
  • Just to let everyone know, if you are having your wedding on November 1st of 2014 .. daylight savings ends Sunday morning at 2:00am. So you move the clocks back an hour, so you will have a lot of partying time that Saturday night/Sunday morning :) lol
  • I'm a November 2014 bride as well! November 14 2014. TerriHenk14, we're date twins- it's our anniversary as well :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello ladies!

We just decided on November 2014, I'm going to look at the venue again this week with my dad and hopefully I can get him to help me put a deposit down on the venue so we can get the November 8th date. We originally wanted November 1st but its already booked. I was pretty flexible with the date, its FI who wanted November 1st. We are getting married at the Piazza in the Village in Colleyville, TX. I saw another DFW bride up there!! Thought I might be planning a little early, but its nice to see I'm in the same boat as you ladies :) Happy planning! Hope everything is going well for everyone

• Glad to see there are other November 14, 2014 brides to e :) We Have sent save the dates and booked or hotel alread. We are getting married at Samdals in Antigua with approximately 50guests. Was supposed to be a small destination wedding but apparently everyone wants to come haha. We have sold almost 1/4 f the resort for them haha. So, so excited, wish it was sooner.
  • Hi!  We're getting married on November 8, too!  We booked our venue here in CT and have met with the priest at our church.  Now we just need to think about the other stuff!
  • I'm getting married!!!! We're hoping to book a venue for November 8, 2014. We're looking for something nice and for the right price. Once the venue is set, I'll feel like I can relax and have some fun. Congrats everybody!
  • Getting married November 1, 2014! We booked our venue and church in CT- feeling very relieved with the big stuff out of the way. Can't believe it's less than a year away-- congrats everyone and happy planning!
  • We are also getting married 11-1-14!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards