Interracial Weddings

How did you and your FI meet?

FI is childhood friends with a guy that was engaged to a friend of mine from college. He was on vacation and was visiting his friend and I happened to stop by that day! I had no interest in him at first, but I do remember that the first time we had a conversation it was like talking to an old friend :) Turns out we would have met a few years earlier!! We were both invited to the same wedding a few years before, but I declined the invitation!

Re: How did you and your FI meet?

• My FI and I were both home health aides for a traumatic brain injury facility in NY; I remember the day we met too. I was hung over because I wasn't supposed to work that night but someone else called out and they needed someone to train. Chris walked in happy, chipper and ready to work and my first words to him were "what the hell are you so happy about???"

He always thought that was sooo funny! Now years later, we look back and think it couldn't have worked out any better.
    Vacation White Knot
  • Ryan and I met on a Christian dating site. He contacted me, because he loved my proflie (especially though I was pretty). His first email was only two sentences long.

Since he's Indian, I thought he might not speak English well. This wasn't based on prejudice, but experience. It was a global site and I probably got contacted once a week by guys who, while probably quite nice, didn't really know English well. For me, communication is very essential. But since I didn't know who anyone was until I communicated with them, I informally developed a lithmus test for any foreign guy who contacted me. I'd be nice and respond... with a very long email.  It was easy to tell from responses how much they grasped.

Well, Ryan wrote me back with a few paragraph response, and the next thing you know we were together. Ryan tells me now he was almost scared off, because he thought, "Wow. She's a talker!", but he wasn't. And that's good. :)

It's also good he contacted me because except a cursory perusal I didn't pay much attention to his profile at the time. A few months later, after I'd fallen in love with him, I went back and looked at it... and was in stitches laughing. All his photos were like what a guy thinks a girl wants to see, but really are ridiculous. Like him learning up against a motorcycle (he doesn't even have one) or crossing his arms and looking fierce.  I probably never would have contacted him... but I'm so glad he contacted me!!
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • We met on a local singles online network.  In the midst of liars, booty calls and game players, each of us was separately searching for anything but what the site had to offer.  And somehow, we found each other...

After a few weeks of online chatting, we decided to meet.  But only as friends. Neither of us was looking for a relationship after the messes we'd just finished with. But God knew better---and a few weeks after, we realized that we couldn't just be friends.  That will be five years ago this upcoming Nov (but we'll be hitched by then!) :)
  • In high school I decided to change the major I had been set on declaring for college, and was considering studying Japanese since it had been a language I was interested in learning.  However, I didn't know much about Japan/Japanese so I thought having someone to converse with about it would help me decide if it was something I really wanted to pursue.

I tried at lot of penpals, but usually their level of English wasn't good enough to get past the first month or so of e-mailing... And then one day I found DH's profile and it was really cute so I decided to send him a message.  We exchanged e-mails/letters for years without ever seeing each other's face... and then finally in college I had the chance to study abroad and we met for the first time and really hit it off so we started dating soon after.
  • I met my FI through a mutual friend about 5 years ago. Apparently we were at the same party a year before that and did not know it until last year after looking through some pictures.

Anywho he was in a relationship the whole time I knew him and honestly I never saw him as anything but a friend. Well he and his ex broke up and he began hanging out with our group more often. Our mutual friend made sure to put the two of us together as much as she could to our benefit and then one summer we started hanging out more exclusively and then decided that we wanted to date.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Boy Scout camp- he worked in Field Sports and I worked in Handicrafts. We were friends for about a year before we started dating. We've worked and volunteered there since meeting at camp and he even proposed this past year on our four year anniversary at the camp! Honestly, the odds were pretty good for me since there aren't a lot of women on staff, lol, but it was my third year on staff and lord knows I wasn't looking!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Paul and I met on interracialdatingcentral.com, a website geared towards people looking to date interracially. He sent me an email referencing the Brady bunch, which I had put in my profile because I'm a single mom and I preferred dating men who had children already, simply because I felt we would have more in common. To make a long story short, we both fell in love quickly (less than six months)!!! After spending as much time together as possible, we brought our children together for a series of playdates, and we realized we both had found the complete family we had been searching and praying for, for so long! I have a 12 year old daughter and an 8 year old son, and he has two daughters, 11, and 10. And we both are looking forward to having at least one more baby in the future! :) a real life Brady bunch!!
  • FI and I probably should have met a dozen or so times before we did.  He is from VA and I am from FL.  In 2005 he moved down to FL.  A few months later I moved to VA for school haha.  After my first year of school I worked out every day at the gym/pool where he worked. 

In 2009 I had just moved back to VA after finishing college.  My younger brother is an athlete and had just left for college.  My dad had bought my brother training sessions at an athlete development facility that my brother never used.  My dad suggest I go use them and even though I am no athlete they could help my weight lifting and running form.  Radhi ended up being my trainer and we discovered we went to rival schools and about all our close encounters.

After talking about who we were in 2005 and 2006 we understand while it would be have been nice to have known each other sooner, neither of us were in the right part of life to settle down so God timed in perfectly.
  • veunicaveunica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    My FI and I met online and I wrote him first because I loved what his profile said but of course you can't trust everything everyone writes on there lol.... But we started talking met each other then found out we have the exact same birthday and had slot of things in common..... And here we are a yr later getting married
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're high school sweethearts.

I liked him all junior year but he had a girlfiend who I had a mth class with.  He would wait for her after class and carry her books ad I thought that was so sweet.  We had the same lunch period too and he looked so mysterious and handsome leaning on the wall by himself sometimes.  

Then I got brave enough to ask his friend to 'hook' us up beginning of senior year. I was nervous.  But as it turns out, he had liked me since freshman year but didn't think he stood a chance. Almost 14 years later and 3 kids,  we're still going strong. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards