Interracial Weddings
Options

Wedding time

So sadly even though it is a sterotype, black people do tend to show up late for every thing...even weddings, usually 30 mins late....and in my fiancee culture, they tend to show up late as well....like an hour late,  

We are getting married in a destination area where none of our guest live so it will be like a vacation for them so they should be able to make it to the wedding on time...but I have a feeling neither group will...I really want to put the right time on the invitation but the fact is the lawn we are renting, we only will have it for 2 hours and clean up is 1 hour after, plus the set up we have to do is within our 2 hour time... we have enough time for doing everything iwithing rushing f people show up on time..

I was wondering if any of you have cultures that tend to show up late  to events and is there anyway you managed to get them to show up on time without flat out lying to them about the time.... becuase I feel  like it's my only option and it shouldn't be and I don't want to confuse people by giving different people different times and I want to put it in a polite on the invite about the extreme importance of showing up on time.

Re: Wedding time

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well im black and you already know. My FI's a stickler for time and well as his friends and fam. (They are white). We are having a destination wedding too. Wjat im thinking of doing is making a wedding day schedule for our guest who will be staying in the hotel block.
    So maybe if you are providing a shuttle or something to the site ,it can have the pickup time, address and the time of the ceremony . And encourage them to come at an earlier time for social time and state that it will begin Promptly at the given time.
    Yea sometimes that CPT gets on my nerves esp when you are paying for it.
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    RC17RC17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI is Irish... they are 30-60min late... he odd enough is fairly timely but I agree and will probably also put in a schedule of events for everyone!

Im not messing about and want things to move smoothly as possible for the day!!

PP: A shuttle is a GREAT idea!
    Visit Madison.weddings.com Visit DIY.weddings.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI has said if people show up after 4:30 which is when I walk down the aisle....they cant come into the ceremony at all lmao. He will say something to them too!
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_wedding-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:144fdfdc-bcea-4a1b-99de-b20e2737caeePost:3c78a82f-50ea-4a23-bb16-b05c5bc3db13">Re: Wedding time</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI has said if people show up after 4:30 which is when I walk down the aisle....they cant come into the ceremony at all lmao. He will say something to them too!
    Posted by JSweetieXO[/QUOTE]

<div>Love this! I told FI there better not be late people there, or else they can't come in either! haha </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies...I thought about a shuttle...but I know my family and FIs family way to well...I have a fear I will put a shuttle time and they will all show up late for that....mabye I can rent a shuttle...put the wrong time on the shuttle so they don't miss that and have the shuttle leave on time...lol
  • Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    edited December 2011
    Many people put two times in their schedule
    * Wedding seating - 6:00
    * Wedding procession - 6:15 (ceremony doors closed)

This tells guests that you will walk down the aisle precisely at 6:15.  Many people think that the time on the invitation is the time to arrive, not the START time.. If late comers are the norm in your families, give them 2 times, so they can expect what time you will actually walk down the aisle.
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_wedding-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:144fdfdc-bcea-4a1b-99de-b20e2737caeePost:e6b181f1-8908-499e-8052-642d4b409f72">Re: Wedding time</a>:
    [QUOTE]Many people put two times in their schedule * Wedding seating - 6:00 * Wedding procession - 6:15 (ceremony doors closed) This tells guests that you will walk down the aisle precisely at 6:15.  Many people think that the time on the invitation is the time to arrive, not the START time.. If late comers are the norm in your families, give them 2 times, so they can expect what time you will actually walk down the aisle.
    Posted by mybooboos[/QUOTE]

I like this idea!  At least you're giving them a 15 minute window and they know if they aren't there on time well too bad. 
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate to say it but yeah CPT is a pain in the ass for real!  I have a few family members who literally have to have it all about them and will be late on purpose.  The funny thing is our venue has built in "security" because its in the middle of a resort so if guests (stragglers) get too close or the ceremony is already in progress, they will be a$$ out.  I'm going to stress to those I know who will be late (even though most guests will be staying there and the resort is there) that they better be on time but once it all starts I have no concerns at all because in the end it is discourteous to me no matter who it is.  So it will be their bad, not mine.  

FI and family will not be late, I'm pretty sure of that.
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't give a rat's ass about stereotypes.  LOL!   Our wedding will start on time, my family knows their butts better be in those seats prior to start time or they're going to miss the fun. 

Seriously, your family and friends know you best.  If they know you will accomodate a late start, they will arrive late.  If you let it be known, in no uncertain terms, that your foot will hit that aisle at the appointed time, they will be there.  I guarantee.  And if they still choose to be late, its their loss.
  • Options
    aghouston86aghouston86 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to be dealing with CPT, and HPT (Hispanic People Time) which is pretty much the same thing, lol, and FI and I figure that if people arn't on time for the dinner at the reception, they just won't eat, too bad for them!!
  • Options
    ellone400ellone400 member
    edited December 2011
    Im padding it im telling telling them it starts at 6pm but actually starts 6:30 so i should be right on schedule
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_wedding-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:144fdfdc-bcea-4a1b-99de-b20e2737caeePost:3c78a82f-50ea-4a23-bb16-b05c5bc3db13">Re: Wedding time</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI has said if people show up after 4:30 which is when I walk down the aisle....they cant come into the ceremony at all lmao. He will say something to them too!
    Posted by JSweetieXO[/QUOTE]

I said this to my fiance and he got mad. There's only one way into the room where the ceremony and reception will be held and when I walk at 2:30p, it would be a little awkward to have someone waiting at the door after me. Weird.

Cass
    image 153 Invited
    image 115 say they can't wait
    image 26 Can't make it
    image 12 Have not respond
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards