Interracial Weddings

Unique ideas?

What's your most unique idea for your wedding to blend both cultures?
80 said yes image

Re: Unique ideas?

• kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is definitely a mix of both cultures. We are having a non-denominational ceremony because FI isn't religious, but we chose to incorporate a few Filipino ceremony traditions asl well. Other details of our wedding have his touches and mine too. For more info, you can check out my bio. 
  • edited December 2011
    There's really no blend for us. FI isnt really in touch with his heritage. There are no major traditions in my fam either.I convinced him to do a "taste of the season ceremony" during the wedding. Which is an african tradition, i believe. That's really it. Instead, we are trying to mix our personalities at the wedding as opposed to our cultures.
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    We're having a traditional Nigerian ceremony the day before and changing to nigerian outfits during our dinner reception.
    In honor of FI's Italian heritage, we're giving out mini biscottis as favors.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Well I am a traditional southern balck girl and he is italian cuban new yorker sooo we are having a blend of both. His Salsa band is playing and we will do alot of swing dancing as well. We are having pizza and a full southern dessert bar. I wany to do a macaroni and cheese bar as well and maybe a traditonal southern rehersal dinner. 
    If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The FI and I aren't really steeped in our cultures, we are aware and educated in them, but unless we told you, for the most part you really wouldn't know what our backgrounds are.

Our unique wedding idea stems from what we love the most - art and the idea of creating things ourselves. We plan on having a wedding that reflects our personalities, as well as those that we love and keep close to us.
    "Friends help you move. Real friends help you move the body."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards