Interracial Weddings
Options

Hi!

I am of course new to the boards and in the rather frustrating beginning of wedding planning. I have no idea how women pull this off lol! I'm already going crazy. Anyways. I decided to introduce myself in the interracial wedding board because I'm white and my FI is Black. The thing is my FI was adopted by an entirely white family and while he does embrace his rather hick, texas white as paper side of the family he is also a B-Boy, loves big cities, hip hop, and dance. We're moving to California before the wedding lol. I am trying to get a good mix of things so I'm just at the compiling information point in the planning process. 
Jumping the broom looks like a great aspect to include in the ceremony!
imageWhen is my wedding
image 10/12/2012

Re: Hi!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  Welcome!  I am also white with a black FI.  He is from a small prodominately white country town in VA (though he was raised by his birth parents) but loves hip hop, fashion and to dance.  We live in Ft. Lauderdale though so we can embrace that side.  I like country music but thats about as much of the small town country I can take haha so I like that he has the other side too! You have plenty of time for planning.  I'd take it slow because being engaged is a special time and once you start planning it'll take over!  I suggest starting off by figuring out who is paying for what and what your total budget is and then drafting a rough guest list so you know approximately how many people you have.  From there you can start looking for venues to accomdate your headcount and budget.  Happy Planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board. I am black and my FI is white. I agree with pp. Take some time to enjoy your engagement before the craziness starts.lol. I agree, you should set a budget, a date and start your guestlist. Enjoy this special time
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    mr&mrsVJCmr&mrsVJC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! and welcome to the board! Congrats! I am also white and my FI is Black. I love planning but sometimes it can just get hectic and frustrating. I like the broom idea but my FI doesn't. So I would talk it over with him. Each couple is different. But definate firsts are head counts, dates, and budget. Happy Planning!
  • Options
    bsnowflake13bsnowflake13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
    We are trying to take the time to enjoy being engaged. It's so exciting and I'm trying to get used to saying I have a Fiancee and not just a boyfriend! We did set our date a bit far off just so we have time to save up enough money (large wedding, like 250 people large eeek!!) and we want to go to greece for our HM. I recently helped a friend plan her wedding (in 2 and 1/2 months) and let me tell you she was running around like a chicken with her head cut off. I just want to make sure I do my research and reduce the risk of me stressing and panicing. But so far we have a tenative budget set and are working on our guest list. :) Thanks everyone for their advice and greetings!
    imageWhen is my wedding
    image 10/12/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards