Interracial Weddings

Rehearsal Dinner Question - Help!

My fiancé and I are having an Indian/American fused wedding ceremony and reception.  My fiancé is very close with all of his extended family (as he tells me is custom for Indian families). I, on the other hand, am not close at all with my extended family. He wants to invite all of his out-of-town family members, close to 30, to the rehearsal dinner. My dinner guest list totals 4, for my immediate family. The conflict is that I feel like the rehearsal dinner then just turns into a family reunion for his side of the family, and that my 4 family members will feel incredibly out of place. We probably will not have a formal “rehearsal” of the ceremony.  There is no wedding party; we are not having bridesmaids, groomsmen, etc, so I question if there is really any need to have a “rehearsal” dinner. I had just envisioned a small dinner the night before with just our immediate family members, but he is saying that he feels obligated to invite all of his family since they have flown in, and that this is a big part of his Indian culture. Is there a middle ground, or do I just go along? 

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Question - Help!

• Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe you've posted this question on other boards and have gotten some pretty good answers already
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards