Interracial Weddings
Options

Out of state planning

I also posted this to the African American weddings board. But I figured we could get a convo started here too

I was just wondering If you're planning from out of state and what kind of issues have you come across and how did you solve them. 

Our wedding is in Arizona, FI and i live in Illinois and my family lives in California. Right now I am working and temporarily living 2 hrs from our house and he is on tour. It has been hard getting stuff communicated to family and since I'm not near them they often feel left out. As far as planning is concerned, our vendors have been very accommodating and helpful in recommending other vendors in the area. They have also been very good at communicating with us and getting stuff done. Its mostly been difficult dealing with family, esp. mine. lol Oh well, that's life. 

What kind of issues have you come across?
" he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Out of state planning

• Options
    I'm in the same boat! we live in LA but our wedding is in IA. I've done alot of planning online and had venues send me information via email with videos to "tour". I think that would be the best that ive found.
  • Options
    Batch appointments may be a good idea. Figure out a week that you're in town, arrange to meet all the vendors during that week and hammer out as many details as you can!
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    We live in FL and wedding is in VA.  His side mainly lives about a 2 hour drive from the wedding.  My whole side has to fly.  The biggest struggle we are having is estimating how many people will actually come!  We have plenty of room for everyone but are paying for our own wedding so we are trying to predict how scary that final bill will be!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards