Interracial Weddings

ideas so we wont over load....

hello! i was wondering if anyone has ideas for a mexican/american wedding.

i know....'What is she talking about?"

well my family is full blooded mexican and my FI's out of state family is from West Virginia and Tennesse. (according to my FI, the most mexican that the family out of state has seen is a taco bell) My FI and i are trying to think of how to integrate mexican traditions without overloading them with so many traditions.

if its still confusing let me know and if im overthinking it, let me know as well. i have a tendency to overthing things... lol =)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ideas so we wont over load....

• Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The easiest things are food and music.  Combine both your cultures by integrating foods from both cultures and have some latin music play as well as "american" music.

You don't need to do every single tradition, just do those that are important to you.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a big Italian family, and my FI has family traveling from Puerto Rico. In order to honor them and their Puerto Rican traditions (and not have a completely Italian-American wedding) our venue has been able to accomodate us by doing a whole section of the cocktail hour in traditional Puerto Rican foods
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and we are also incorporating traditional salsa and bachata during the reception!
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    It would be so cool if your wedding party did a group Payaso De Rodeo dance. Its so much fun!
    If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • grcrociogrcrocio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Well I am 100% Mexican and my FI is Indian/Pakistani so I am trying to do the same thing. I think what you have to do is to get a list of traditions from your FMIL and your mom. That way you can determine which traditions are must.

With that said I would recommend a English mass with Mexican traditions such as el laso, and the arras. For the reception you should do the “vivora del mar” and have the D.J. explain how this works so that both sides can participate. Maybe you can have Mexican food and American food for dinner. I hope you this helps you and good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards