Interracial Weddings

Indian Wedding Traditions

Hi all!

This is my first post (so exciting!). I am a caucasian female, and my fiance is a half Sikh/half Hindu Indian male. Although his family has been so helpful when it comes to telling me about the traditions, I would love to get my own book to read up on it. Does anyone have any suggestions on good books to read either about Indian Weddings or about Intercultural weddings? Thank you!

-Hilary S.

Re: Indian Wedding Traditions

• Hi!

I don't know of any books, but being married to a Bengali, I can tell you traditions vary from place to place in India.  You may want to find out about weddings in his area to get a better sense.  Also, come hang out on the South Asian board.  There are some lovely ladies there with good advice!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi, I too will be doing a Hindu wedding and am finding difficult to learn while planning so i am open to finding anything out. Thanks
  • I think I already welcomed you on the South Asian board, but if not, hey, welcome! :) I'm also marrying an Indian man (and moving to India).  Don't know of any books, but like the pp said, traditions vary greatly from place to place.  India is a very diverse country of many, many people groups and is differs not only in culture but in language from region to region. It'd be like if you spoke Californish and I spoke Southcarolinese. lol.  I'm just learning Hindi and hope between it and English I'll be good. 

Your best source is his family.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards