Interracial Weddings

How's everyone's planning coming along? Or life with DH if married?

I'm working on the details at this point....just purchased my wedding band (yay!), booked the honeymoon and FI and I registered over the weekend.  We didn't want a registry, but there are some people who might prefer that to cash.....

Also got my centerpiece supplies (except the vases) and bought wrapping for my card box project I'll be tackling this week. 

How is everyone else doing?

Re: How's everyone's planning coming along? Or life with DH if married?

• We've got an officiant and photographer. That's it! We are so behind but we are having a super small wedding. We keep playing hit and miss with the event coordinator at the venue but once we get that squared away we'll have the ceremony and reception venues and the catering. All of the other details aren't super big to us.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_hows-everyones-planning-coming-along?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:f8883aa2-ccf3-4367-a66b-e204b7de4f77Post:1b8bc64d-927f-473c-a5e3-ac20bb5979f8">Re: How's everyone's planning coming along? Or life with DH if married?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've got an officiant and photographer. That's it! We are so behind but we are having a super small wedding. We keep playing hit and miss with the event coordinator at the venue but once we get that squared away we'll have the ceremony and reception venues and the catering. All of the other details aren't super big to us.
    Posted by TYRAnnosaurus[/QUOTE]

How big is your guest list Tyra?
  • [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How's everyone's planning coming along? Or life with DH if married? : How big is your guest list Tyra?
    Posted by littleluckypenny[/QUOTE]
     It's only our immediate family...parents, siblings, and nieces and nephews...so all together 20. We just found out tonight that the venue we were hoping for is booked on the night we wanted. It was a restaurant with a patio for ceremonies and a private room for dinner over looking the city skyline. So, it's back to square one and if all else fails we will have a backyard wedding.
  • random4180random4180 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Pretty well- we have our venues (ceremony and reception) and we'll be wrapping up pre-cana tomorrow night! We've booked the photographer, the caterer/rental company, and we have ordered our flowers and most of the bridesmaids dresses are bought. STDs were sent out last month and our guest list is pretty much set. I've got some DIY projects to get started and will be having a tasting from a possible cake baker on Sunday, I think. Right now we're pretty settled on most of the major details and just saving up to pay for it all! 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The biggest thing for my planning is my younger sister has moved her wedding. She was going to get married in October. Consequently we were thinking we'd try to get the US wedding happening in July and then the move and India wedding in November.  But now the pressure is kind of off and I feel like we can figure out exactly when based on our finances and schedules and not because of my sister's wedding. (My sister will be getting sometime in 2013 now).

Ryan and I have officially picked out our wedding rings, though we haven't purchased them yet...

I went wedding dress shopping and found a dress I LOVED.... but I can't afford. I'm still at peace about it I'm confident I'll either find another dress I love or maybe find it used.

Overall the biggest thing that needs to happen is Ryan needs to find a job. He almost got one this week but it doesn't look promising. Just a lot of bad vibes and the money offered wasn't quite enough for us to live on. He hasn't walked away yet, he's negotiating to see if they'll up the offer, but it doesn't look like it's happening. We can't really make any purchases or definite plans until he gets a job. But we're having faith and I'm confident I'll be married by the end of 2012.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • I just saw this now, lol. My STDs look like this:
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Everything's going OK. My wedding shoes are in the mail on their way to Los Angeles :D They were bought and shipped out Sunday, kudos to Zappos for working on a Sunday. 

I need to schedule my first dress fitting soon but probably can't do it until the 15th since money is tight. My FI and I also need to schedule some dance lessons since he has NO rhythm and two left feet. 

We're getting a lot of RSVPs back and that's exciting. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited May 2012
    I guess things are going well.  I do a little bit here and there. I sleep, eat and breathe my wedding LOL.  

I booked the florist and paid the deposit
    I booked the photographer and paid the deposit
    I booked the venue and paid the deposit
    Ceremony spot is our backyard so that is 'booked' LOL...just need to rent chairs
    Bought my dress (paid the deposit...needs alterations)

DIY items that I finished:
    Card box
    Garter
    Ring pillow
    Save the Dates (went out end of  last month)

We had our tasting with a caterer this week and have another caterer that we're waiting on for a price quote.  

All the little details need to come together but it's progressing.  And we're paying for it all little by little.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • We did our 1st registry today too.  Didn't really want to register but my BM told me I had to... I think I went overboard. And now I will be having 2 registries. LOL.  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards