Interracial Weddings

Celebration on both sides of the Nation

OMG...my future MIL died (3/17/11)......but thank God she met me...and approved Innocent!! 

Now FI doesn't want to have any celebration in his hometown, because his mother won't be there!!  I'm thinking...'babe you still have family there.' Am I being selfish? I mean we have a whole year before any impending nuptials...do you think he'll get over how he feels about the reception?  I know he is having a hard time with her death (I have been through it too).  I am hoping its just the grief and he doesn't really mean what he is saying.  They are going to be my family too--many of them I haven't even met yet!!  I don't want them to feel that they would not be included in our celebration.

I live in Philly and we will be married in Philly with a very small reception for my family, but he lives in Portland are going to have a big reception there for his family-without additional nuptials.  (no money spent yet)Money mouth

I don't know what to do--I really want his family involved...any thoughts?
Undecided

S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee

Re: Celebration on both sides of the Nation

• edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear. I don't have any advice but maybe with time he will come around. Just keep planning the things that are definite and hopefully he will feel better about the other reception after he has some time to grieve. mI will keep you guys in my thoughts.
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • needle&threadneedle&thread member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will continue to plan...thanks for your thoughts...
    S and CJ image imageWhen is my wedding
    Visit Purple.weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cream to my Coffee
  • Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's still fresh in his mind...He needs to take the time ti grieve and really I don't think the wedding is his #1 priority right now.  It shouldn't be yours either.  Put your plans on hold for a little while and really take the time to go through such a horrible ordeal together. He needs your support right now, not for the wedding but for the loss of his mom.  Wait and see how he feels in a couple of months and make your decision when  he is ready.  There is no rush now.  I am truly sorry for your loss and I wish the best to both of you.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interracial-weddings_celebration-sides-of-nation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:c9069c39-6e1f-4397-9e66-aeb7ed51fccbDiscussion:fa35998c-40fb-46b9-8c41-2f6ba14aced1Post:3bae18da-1fcc-4c03-85ce-93bcf1371dc3">Re: Celebration on both sides of the Nation</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's still fresh in his mind...He needs to take the time ti grieve and really I don't think the wedding is his #1 priority right now.  It shouldn't be yours either.  Put your plans on hold for a little while and really take the time to go through such a horrible ordeal together. He needs your support right now, not for the wedding but for the loss of his mom.  Wait and see how he feels in a couple of months and make your decision when  he is ready.  There is no rush now.  I am truly sorry for your loss and I wish the best to both of you.
    Posted by Cynthia1207[/QUOTE]
    THIS
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards