Wedding Invitations & Paper

How to print on blank invites with no home printer...

Where else would I go or how would I print my invites and RSVP cards?
~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
image 20 people are procrastinators!
RSVP Date: 2/28/2011

Re: How to print on blank invites with no home printer...

• Hey Lady I ran into the same issue last week! I was planning on using my printer at work, but it wouldn't print on the paper as small as the RSVP's are. I ended up buying a printer that was recommended on the DIY board of the knot during a black friday sale at best buy for $50. From what I read, $50 is a lot less then what it would cost to have them printed at a kinkos or staples type place.
  • What did you get?
    ~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
    image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
    image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
    image 20 people are procrastinators!
    RSVP Date: 2/28/2011
  • Canon Pixma 560
  • Go to a printing place like Kinkos and see what they can do.
  • Kinkos can get really pricey, especially if you need it quickly. I'd buy a printer...at least you could also use it after the wedding!
  • Kinko's can't print on anything that is smaller than an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of paper. I used to work there, so I know this for a fact. They could print something (if you already had it typed up and ready to go) on their own paper stock and then cut it down to the size you want them.

We printed our own invites using our home ink jet HP printer. They turned out just fine. You just have to adjust the printer settings and have some patience. But it sure did save us a whole bunch of money for something that just gets thrown in the trash anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards