Wedding Invitations & Paper

reception only invites???

Hi, i am having a very small wedding, and a big reception, I have been looking for reception only invitations and all i am finding is the little reception cards. Does anybody have any ideas for me???

Re: reception only invites???

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_reception-only-invites-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:11268939-f710-4ea2-bb62-a4c13ef0fc8dPost:6a1bcfbf-7dcc-4882-a224-96f19e2ba847">Re: reception only invites???</a>:
    [QUOTE]You are not finding them because you can't invite people to the reception only.  They have to be invited to both events. You will need to adjust your budget or your venue to accommodate your guests at both events.  Your other option is to have  the small wedding and then have those guests only at the reception. How "small" is the wedding?  Who is invited?  The only exception to the above comment is if you are having immediate family only.  No extended family and no friends--only parents and siblings.  Then you can send an invite something along the lines of: Mr. and Mrs. Bride's Parents along with Mr. and Mrs .Grooms's Parents request the pleasure of your company at a (dinner) reception in honor of   jessiN89 and josh M90 on (Date) from (Time) at (Venue) If you send this invite out and you had 25 close friends and family members at your "small wedding", it will be extremely rude to the guests that were not invited to the wedding ceremony.  Remember, the ceremony is the most important part of the day and it is poor etiquette in most cases to exclude people from some of the days' activities.
    Posted by vsgal[/QUOTE]

You can invite people to a reception after a small ceremony.  Like Banana said, truly intimate.  Immediate family only would be best but I think B&G's best friends (two max) would be okay.

What you cannot do is invite people to the wedding and then only a select few to the reception.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_reception-only-invites-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:11268939-f710-4ea2-bb62-a4c13ef0fc8dPost:211f1656-e036-4957-a776-0f792c96a146">Re: reception only invites???</a>:
    [QUOTE]the ceremony is parents, grandparents, and siblings ONLY. Where can i find reception invitations though, i have been looking online and all i can find are the reception cards. The little ones that go in with the wedding invitations.
    Posted by jessiN89[/QUOTE]

You can have anything printed.  You may have to make up your own template but wedding invites are not the only invites that are sent out for occasions - it can be done.  You might get further and with less frustration if you go to a brick and mortar store and let them help you.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Really the only difference is the wording, and pretty much any invitation designer should allow you to customize your wording.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards