Wedding Invitations & Paper

Help with wording.....

So my fiance and I have decided to get married in an art gallery. The only way we will be able to afford our wedding is to keep the guest list down. I'm having trouble with how to let guests know that we want this to be an adult only affair. Any ideas? I don't want to offend anyone but we just can't have children attend. I still want them to come and have a good time! 

Re: Help with wording.....

• Address the invite to the adults in the family only.  So, Mr. and Mrs. John Doe, not The Doe Family.  Use names specifically on the rsvp cards also.  If you get an invite back that includes children, call the person up and say that while you understand it can be a burden to find childcare, yo uare unable to accommodate little Suzie.  Some people may be unable to come if they can't bring the rugrats, but that can be a consequence of doing an adults only affair.

Also, the fact that it's in an art gallery would lead me to assume it was an adults only event anyway, if I got such an invitation.
  • Address the invites to adults only.  If people RSVP for their kids, call them and let them know that it's adults only and you're sorry, but their little ones can't come.
  • Ditto pps.  Template in my bio for our RSVP card, which lists specific names and asks for their specific entree choices, if it's helpful for you.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards