Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

STD/Invite for family who won't be attending

So long story short my cousin recently set a date for his wedding and it happens to be the same date as my wedding.  They knew I was engaged but didn't know I had set a date and didn't think to check before setting their date. 

This means that obviously he, his parents, and his siblings will be at his wedding instead of mine.  I'm preparing Save the Dates and my parents think I should still send them to him and his family with a note saying something to the effect of "I know that given the circumstances you may not be able to attend, but we wanted to include you." 

I think that may be appropriate for the invites but not for Save the Dates.  I think it would be weird and almost aggressive to send a Save the Date magnet to my cousin for the same date as his wedding.  What is the proper etiquette here?

Background for anyone who wants more details:  I don't see that side of my family very often but every time I have seen them we have gotten along well.  My Mom talked to her brother (my cousin's father) about the situation and at first he told her not to tell me and he was going to see if they could change the date, but then later said they were already pretty locked in on the date.  I looked into changing my date but it's not really feasible.  I got my cousin's phone number and tried to talk to him directly but after a couple rounds of phone tag he stopped returning my call.  Best part of the story: they aren't even engaged yet but they have been "looking at rings."
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: STD/Invite for family who won't be attending

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards