Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

STD Mr. and Mrs blank?

On the STD when I address them do I need to do the Mr. and Mrs. blank and family?  Or can I just put names like Jane Doe.  Also to I need to do the "and guest" part right now?  I know this probably has been asked before but our wedding was moved up so right now i'm trying to address these as fast as  possible and get them out!!! thanks!

image213 Invited
image150 Wouldn't Miss it for the World image39 Will Celebrate From Afar
RSVP Date: July 20, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: STD Mr. and Mrs blank?

• Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    You can address them to Mr and Mrs John Doe, or to Jane and John Doe.  It's an announcement that your wedding is going to be on a certain date, not an invitation, so don't put "and family" or "and guest" now.  That will obligate you to include the family or the guest when you do send invitations, and you need to leave yourself flexibility it your guest lists expands.
  • Options
    Whether to put Mr. and Mrs. Smith or John and Jane Smith depends on the formality.  Even if you are going to do semi-formal and use formal invitations, it's ok to be a little more casual for the STD.  It's really just a matter of personal preference.  

With & guest, if you are 100% sure that you'll be inviting your single guests with dates, you can go ahead and include this.  For people that will be travelling, it's helpful to know ahead of time.  If you need to keep that part flexible because of a tight guestlist, you can leave it off the STD and make the final call on the invitation.

If you are inviting the childen, you should absolutely include their names on the STD.  PP is incorrect about the term "& family."  That term should never be used on an invitation.  Letting people know with the STD about whether children will be invited ahead of time is very helpful.  People who need to travel and those with very small children may make a decision about whether or not they're coming based on children, and people who need to travel can use plenty of time to make arrangements for the kids for the weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards