Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

opinions on my menu

Ok ladies I have to call in my menu tomorrow. What do you think? Roast pig w/dipping sauces Pulled pork Tequila lime chicken Salad,texas cornbread,corn,green bean something or other Red-skinned potatoes and cold pasta salad Cupcakes and cookies of course Oh and maybe burgers for JUST the kids Oh and cheese/crackers and maybe fruit while getting pics taken Ok yes/no?
ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
image Matrix image Ollie

Re: opinions on my menu

• jlryan1jlryan1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds yummy and different! I like it.
  • cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds great!!
  • pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Perfect!
  • McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it sounds great!  I don't even think you need burgers for the kids, IMO.
  • edited December 2011
    too much or not enough?
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • edited December 2011
    Yummy. :)

Vacation

• edited December 2011
    hmmm.. I would say be careful with burgers for kids- if there are burgers, adults might snag them. Unless you have a complete different table for kid food- but then you would nee dsomething else (i'm assuming its a buffet?)um- I'm trying to give some constructive critism, since that's what I think is the most helpful.  But I honestly think thats a really good menu! you have a good array of flavors, yet everything goes together, and you have enough vegan food if anyone has special diets
  • edited December 2011
    Yum! Love red skinned potatoes :)
  • AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yum, everything sounds great!  I'd skip the burgers.
  • edited December 2011
    Was thinking the same that adults might grab burger but maybe put a small note or tell the caterers at the table?? The burgers will be on the same table with other food. I'm sure the kids can eat the potatoes and pasta. I want honest opinions!!
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • edited December 2011
    Chicken fingers instead of burgers? Or just leave as is. Kids won't starve.
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know all kids are different, but as a child I would have eaten roasted pig, pulled pork or the chicken!  Haha!
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you need anything special for the kids!  The menu looks great, and I'm sure they would eat things from the regular options.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think chicken fingers instead burgers, you probably wouldn't have many adults trying to grab at them!  And chicken fingers don't require buns and condiments. 
  • morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that is a fantastic menu and more than enough selections.I agree with the others, skip the burgers.  There's plenty of food there for even the pickiest of eaters.  (And I'm one of the pickiest eaters around.)
  • edited December 2011
    Great menu, everything sounds delicious! I agree about the burgers. I could totally see some people grabbing them instead of the "adult" meals.  Maybe try something more kiddish - chicken fingers or hot dogs?
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's a great menu and I agree w/ the PP. You could do w/o the burgers.
  • d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, personally, I think a picky adult will grab any of those kid options equally. BUT, many kids don't eat at those things, because they're running around so much & playing. Of those options, chicken fingers would probably be easiest.Otherwise, it all sounds yummy! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since you're going with the picnic theme & you're into country, maybe you could make a cute sign for the kid food: "For the cowboys & cowgirls in training" or something like that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow I'm glad for your thoughts. Thanks. Burgers are out and will decide on the chick fingers. You girls are great.
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • edited December 2011
    Dori I love that idea on the sign! I have questions for you but don't have time right now. Tomorrow maybe.
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EmilyBerdellEmilyBerdell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds delicious!
  • edited December 2011
    I think the menu sounds perfect!I had a stations/buffet, but I had the kids' chicken fingers brought and served to them at the table before they all got up to hit the buffet, so that the moms and dads knew that the kids' meal was already there and ready for them.I also think it was easier on my aunts/uncles because they didn't have to try to handle a child's plate and their own plate from the buffet. Maybe that could be an option if you really want to do the kids' meal?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards