Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Bridal Shower or wedding invites, which get mailed first????

Hello.  I am getting married 4/24 and my sisters who are my bridesmaids asked me this question and I have no idea.  Hope someone on here can aswer what I hope isn't a stupid question.  Thanks so much.  Have been a lurker for a long, long time and got many wonderful tips from you all.  Hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Years!!!!

Re: Bridal Shower or wedding invites, which get mailed first????

• Options
    For an April wedding, it's too early for invites to go out.
    When is the shower?  Generally, shower invites do end up going out before the wedding invites.  But...make sure your guest list is 100% complete for the wedding before you give your bridal shower list to the hostesses.  Everyone invited to pre-wedding parites must receive wedding invites as well.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Thanks so much.  The shower is a surprise so I don't know when it is, but I will tell my bms what you said.  I am finalizing the list by next week.
  • Options
    Have fun at your shower.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Wedding invites should go out 6-8 weeks before the wedding.  Shower invites usually go out 2-4 weeks ahead, but there really isn't a set timeline for them, just early enough that guests can make plans and late enough that it won't get forgotten. 

They can go either way, it just depends on the shower timing. 
  • Options
    What Not said. It really depends on when the shower is. I assume everyone invited to the shower already knows you're getting married, anyway.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards