Wedding Invitations & Paper

Will the post office deem this font legible?

Hi ladies!  I don't normally post here, but I'm about ready to print out my outer envelopes and I just want to make sure that the font I'm using is legible and won't get sent back by the post office.

Please let me know your thoughts! 

(Click to enlarge)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Will the post office deem this font legible?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_will-post-office-deem-this-font-legible?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:26933a26-5291-4c3f-8ea5-e5d42849272fPost:8174a24b-c293-4613-a1f0-f7789ff43290">Re: Will the post office deem this font legible?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its fine. The font I used was similar. You may get some responses that you're not supposed to print on envelopes, which technically, etiquette-wise, you're not. It should be a calligrapher or hand write them. I did it because it was just something I wasn't overly concerned as to whether I was following etiquette on.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for both the response and the heads up about the possibility of receiving some comments about the fact that I'm printing on the envelopes.  I know the rules, but I'm like you in that I'm really not concerned at all when it comes to that part of etiquette.  :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im printing to, mostly because the post office wouldnt be able to read my handwritting, but even if they could i think i would still print them. I think they look better printed.
    And that font is pretty, what is it called?
  • The font is fine - but spell out the state name on the actual invitation :)
  • Don't forget to check and see if your printer has an  "envelopes" setting - usually the setting uses less ink than the standard setting, which helps it to bleed less - test out the "fast draft" setting compared to standard if you don't have an envelopes setting.
  • Since the font is rather swirly, try to avoid any instances of two caps together. Spell out what you can!
    planning

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards