Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Monogram Question

Ok ladies, I've got a question for you. We have decided to use a monogram of our first initials as our theme. I can't find a good answer anyways, so I come to you for help with my question. Does my initial come first or does my FH's?

Re: Monogram Question

• Options
    I've always read the bride's name & initial is first
  • Options
    I don't know
    brideswardrobe.com/7-wedding-dress
  • Options
    This is completely your call. Traditionally since the wedding is seen as the brides day the brides inital comes first. So for John & Sarah Parker the monogram would be SPJ but if you would prefer his to come first, thats completely ok. I liked ours better with my FI's first and my last.
  • Options
    Remember, your last name isn't supposed to be part of a monogram until you're married.

• Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    If we did my first initial first the monogram would read MA (If we did it in order it would become MAP). See what looks and "sound" best.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies this was exactly what I wanted to hear!

I like the look of L & J (my initial then his) better than the reverse. We're using L & J on invites and things before the reception and then at the reception things will be LBJ. I've already created that monogram too...oooh I love planning :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards