Wedding Invitations & Paper

Engagement photos...Save the Dates...Deployment!

My fiance and I are getting married in September, but he's currently deployed. Because he proposed on the same day he actually got on the plane and left, we haven't taken engagement photos yet. He returns in May (hopefully early May although I don't know that), and our wedding is the third week of September. Is this enough time to take engagement photos, put them on save-the-dates, and then send those out? Or should we just suck it up and use STDs with no picture on them? We're not a very "picture-happy" couple so we rarely pose together and don't really have many existing photos to fall back on. I like picture STDs but with our time frame there may be no point.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement photos...Save the Dates...Deployment!

• Since STDs should be sent 69 mos before the big day, I would send a non photo one.
  • Yeah, just use non-picture ones if you want to do STDs. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Agree with everyone else. May would be too late for STD's to go out. You can still take engagement photos when he gets home. My FI and I are not "picture people" either and as my photographer explained, it's a good way to practice for your wedding pictures. You can see how you like to pose/smile and get more comfortable with the photographer.
  • I'm skipping STDs all together (it's one way to thin the final headcount LOL), but we are going to do e-pix at some point.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Does he get any mid-deployment leave?  Could you do them then?

I'm also dealing with planning a wedding around the military, we're doing our engagement pictures mid-January when he has some leave even though our STDs aren't going out till the summer, because we have no idea when the next time we'll see each other will be.  We can't put down any deposits on anything because he doesn't have his orders for where he'll be during our tentative wedding date yet and we'll probably have to move the date 3-4 times and aaaaggghhh.

For now, I'd do picture-less STDs.  You could always have your engagement pictures printed and nicely displayed at your reception/ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards