Wedding Invitations & Paper

pen for invites

What kind of pen did you use when writing your invites? I think a regular ball point/BIC pen looks kinda cheap, but the only other thing I can think of is a fine tip sharpie (I use them at work all the time). I don't like gel pens because the ink smears. 

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: pen for invites

• I used a Sharpie to address the RSVP envelopes and printed on the invitation envelopes.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_pen-for-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:578f77f6-42f6-436a-8689-a214da2d6c36Post:14f99dc8-75ad-4c40-a6bc-9f472dccfc03">pen for invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]What kind of pen did you use when writing your invites?<strong> I think a regular ball point/BIC pen looks kinda cheap</strong>, but the only other thing I can think of is a fine tip sharpie (I use them at work all the time). I don't like gel pens because the ink smears.  Thanks!
    Posted by spartybride3[/QUOTE]

Whoops. Lol. I used a nice ball point pen I got from a local hospital. It's a clicky pen but it writes well. Not quite as good as my Gpa's Mount Blanc though...... My family is super casual though. We care about what's on the inside as everyone tosses the envelope.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    "He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though...keep up with news...check if I'm happy..."

Harry on Sirus to the Dursleys. HP Prisoner of Azkaban
  •  I am using a Sharpie pen and I love how it feels and looks.
  • We used a Sharpie-esque pen called "Elegant Writer". I really liked the way it looked on the envelopes and it had a unique, calligraphy-like tip that seemed to improve penmanship!
  • Pilot Precise V5.  They write so smoothly!
  • Thanks! I love sharpies! All I really need it for is to write names on the inner envelopes. Everything else is printed for us. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards