Wedding Invitations & Paper

New to this board, but I have a question!

Hi ladies, I posted over on my month board but I wanted to post here as well...

I was doing some research, trying to figure out if I want to do my invites the same way I am doing my save-the-date cards. For my save the dates, I ordered paper from the papermillstore.com and then I designed my own STDs in Photoshop/Illustrator, and had them printed at a local printing press. It cost about .30 cents a print.

How much are invitations supposed to cost? I looked on some websites that had great designs and they ended up being over $400-500 for the whole order of invites, envelopes, response cards etc. I calculated on my own that I could design my own invites and response cards and have them printed, and it would cost me about $270.00 for all the paper including envelopes and printing. Is this a good price? Is there someone who knows a website that does the whole-shabang cheaper than this? I'm just looking for regular panel cards with a design, a regular response card and regular envelopes. I saw "budget invitations" on the Knot's planning area but they were not that great even though they were dirt cheap. (Mostly white designs, and I wasn't a huge fan of the fonts and styling)

What do you guys think? How much are you spending on invitations or if you don't want to give that info do you think I am paying too much to do it on my own(give or take $270)? Any help would be appreciated!!

Re: New to this board, but I have a question!

• Depends on how many you're buying. Ex: just because you have 100 guests, doesn't mean you are buying 100 invitations (some are married, with guest, etc) so you would purchase less than guest count.

Cardsandpockets.com has great prices, you should look under this board 'Aw your invites' 2nd post for ideas on DIY, some knotties include the price they paid.

• I don't remember all the prices, but I think I have a breakdown in my bio (planning) on Invites.  I KNOW I do for the STDs.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I've seen invitation ensembles for a few hundred on up to a few thousand. Just depends on the vendor, designer, printing method, paper stock, and what you're having done.
    planning

• Invitations vary widely depending on what you get.  The more expensive ones are things you really can't replicate at home, e.g. thermography or letterpress printing.  You can get pretty cheap invitations at places like vistaprint.
    Married 10/2/10
  • $270 doesn't seem to be too much, in fact it seems low.  Does that fall within the range of what you've budgeted for invitations?  If so, rock on!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards