Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitations for a Welcome Reception for a Destination Wedding

Hi All,

I'm having a destination wedding and the night before my parents have decided to host a sunset cruise around the island.  Cocktails, an informal dinner and dessert will be served.  How/when should I send the invitations?  Since everyone is invited should I put them in the same envelope as the wedding invitations?  Or should I send them out a few days later in a separate invitation?  All guests are also receiving a welcome packet that my wedding planner is putting together, so I hate to overwhelm guests with so much mail (I sent a save the date also).  What should I do?
Thanks!

Re: Invitations for a Welcome Reception for a Destination Wedding

• My parents are hosting a welcome bbq at their house for everyone the night before, and I just put it in the regular invitation packet, and asked people to note on the reverse of the RSVP if they would be attending.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Thanks for your help!  I was new to the board when I posted this message and didn't know how to get back to it to say thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards