Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Save the Dates

Who are you supposed to send save the dates to? Everyone or just out of towners? What about people such as parents' coworkers?

Re: Save the Dates

• Options
    ckonidakckonidak member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2010
    I may be wrong, but I've heard that you send a STD to anyone that will be getting an invitation, and that's what the FI and I will be doing just to make sure that no one is missed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    STDs tell the guest that an invitation is going to be coming.  You don't have to send one to EVERYONE you invite but you must send an invitation to everyone that receives an STD.
  • Options
    We mainly sent them to OOT guests and friends we thought might make other plans.  Relatives all knew about the wedding date through word of mouth and were mostly local. 
  • Options
    I wanted to just send them to out of towners, but my mom was worried that if the out of towners talked to the locals (possible - a lot of siblings, for example) that the locals would think they weren't invited or get their feelings hurt. If there's no budget issue, I'd probably go ahead and send them to everyone. 

If you have little possibility of contact (his family is out of town, yours is local) then I think it's especially ok to send them only to the out of town guests.
  • Options
    I would think you would send them to everyone who is getting an invitation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards