Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Inner envelope when using a pocketfold?

This may be a stupid question, but am I supposed to have an inner envelope if I use a pocketfold? I thought I would have one so I can write the names of the guests on it, but I don't see where one is available (at least on cards and pockets).  Do I just write the names on the back of the pocketfold?  Or write them  directly on the outter envelope?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Inner envelope when using a pocketfold?

• Options
    You don't need an inner envelope.  Just write the names on the outer envelope.
  • Options
    An inner envelope adds an extra air of formality.  I found inner/outer envelopes that will hold cards and pockets signature pocket at doubleupaper.com.
  • Options

Thanks gailpete!!  I wanted to use inner envelopes, even with the pocketfold, for the reason you indicated.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    To me, the pocketfold itself basically serves the function of the inner envelope so adding an inner would be like having three envelopes. I don't think there's anything wrong with that per se, but I'd probably laugh at the redundancies when I opened it (not in a mean way, just a "this is pretty silly" kind of way).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_inner-envelope-using-pocketfold?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:67bf5619-0312-459f-a226-922f79b8888fPost:3877ae38-0bca-4cf1-85b9-9300bc36f53e">Re: Inner envelope when using a pocketfold?</a>:
    [QUOTE]To me, the pocketfold itself basically serves the function of the inner envelope so adding an inner would be like having three envelopes. I don't think there's anything wrong with that per se, but I'd probably laugh at the redundancies when I opened it (not in a mean way, just a "this is pretty silly" kind of way).
    Posted by tenofcups4me[/QUOTE]

Agreed, plus your postage could be outrageous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards