Wedding Invitations & Paper

Please Recormmend a good printer for cardstock

I am printing our invites at home and I would like to print on metallic carstock. Can anyone recommend a good printer that will get the job done?
I read several places that the metallic cardstock from paper and more does not work well with most home printers so I am looking for something that will work.

TIA !

Re: Please Recormmend a good printer for cardstock

• Check with the company you bought the paper from to see if you can use a laser printer.  If not, you may have to buy paper that is laser.
  • Usually most laser printers will work with metallic cardstock, it's the inkjet printers that don't work very well. I've been told that if you let it dry for several days it can work, but I'm too impatient and decided to get thermography anyway, so I never actually tried it on my own metallic cardstock :)
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • For my wedding, I used Paper and More metallic w/ an inkjet and had NO problems (after they dried a bit). Then I was doing another project and ordered from envelopemall, and no matter how long I let it dry, it still smeared. Who knows!
    I ended up buying a laser printer -- no problems at all, AND, it looks a ZILLION times nicer b/c the metallic really soaks up the ink from the inkjet.
  • Thanks ladies !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards