Wedding Invitations & Paper

opinions and wording for two day destination party

Hi Everyone - so here's my dilema (kinda long):  We're having a destination wedding in FL.  It's on the beach and when I originally booked the pavilion for our date on Fri only the smaller one was available (which was fine at the time because we were planning a local reception.)  Since then we've both agreed to just have everything in FL.  Unfortunately, we will have more guests than we can accommodate in the small pavilion, so we asked to keep the ceremony Fri and move the reception to Sat in the big pavilion.  The catch, the place requires the pavilion on Fri to be utilized for food because they are a restaurant.  My family suggested to offer the option after the ceremony to join us for dinner, however it will be individual bills restaurant style.......  How do I clarify in the invitations that we're not paying for the optional restaurant dinner after the ceremony; that it's not part of the "main events" and the reception we are fronting is on Sat.   Help  :-/  I'm not good at this stuff. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: opinions and wording for two day destination party

• There's no way to word that you are inviting people to dinner after the ceremony but that they have to pay for themselves.  You either have to pay for anyone who joins you at dinner on Friday or not invite them to have dinner with you after the ceremony. 

You can go to dinner yourselves after the ceremony.  If others decide on their own to eat there I guess it is fine for you to let them pay for it.  But anything you invite them to, even if it is "optional", you should pay for.
  • Immediately after the ceremony, you must host some sort of hospitality for everyone who witnessed it.  You can't just finish the ceremony and say, "Okay, see you tomorrow!"  I really think you need to rethink your current plan; that's not really how weddings work.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_opinions-wording-two-day-destination-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:6b7e296c-9ba8-4581-a738-40d24e962728Post:9d7e7b1f-cbf7-428f-b355-56d73b2e2688">Re: opinions and wording for two day destination party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Immediately after the ceremony, you must host some sort of hospitality for everyone who witnessed it.  You can't just finish the ceremony and say, "Okay, see you tomorrow!"  I really think you need to rethink your current plan; that's not really how weddings work.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

I agree. Find another resort and lose the deposit or move the whole thing to Saturday. Or invite fewer people.

I'm not sure why the resort can't just move your date and re-book for Friday. They're still getting your money.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • The reason you're having trouble wording it is because there isn't a graceful way to say something that is ungracious.

Either change your plan or your venue.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards