Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

something old...

Our wedding is still a little ways off but for some reason I've been thinking about the "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" phrase a lot recently, especially the blue part.If you're taking part in this saying, what are you planning to use for each? Or what did you use on your wedding day?I'm thinking my dress as something new, and for something blue maybe getting blue polish at my pedicure. Or I was thinking that I have very pretty aquamarine (my birthstone) stud earrings I could wear. I'm stumped on the old and borrowed part!

Re: something old...

• edited December 2011
    Old: a pretty dated-looking lace handkerchief that I bought at a neighbor's yard sale. New: I think someone said your dress doesn't count? My veil, tiara, and shoes were new though.Borrowed: I had one of grandmother's brooches attached to by bouquet.Blue: undies that said "Mrs. Ward, Est. 5-16-09  
  • edited December 2011
    old: maybe a family veil... not sure about this one new: shoes borrowed: I'm planning on borrowing my Mom's pearls blue: blue bracelet
  • edited December 2011
    old: I reworked my mom's veil new: My pearls from DH as my wedding present borrowed: my grandmother's pearls on my bouquet blue: Either my engagement ring (has sapphires) or my shoes (blue rhinestones on the bottoms)
  • edited December 2011
    The dress doesn't count!? haha well I guess the veil and shoes will be new so they can be my new: )I think pearls with wedding dresses are so elegant. I always pictured myself wearing pearls on my wedding day...but sadly my dress has no pearls. There are some sequins and beading (and maybe rhinestones? I'm not sure) spread throughout but no pearls. I think if I wore pearls they would clash.
  • edited December 2011
    There weren't any pearls on my dress either (there were rhinestones and lace) and I wore them. I think they are pretty elegant with most wedding gowns.
  • edited December 2011
    my dress is a lace halter. I don't think I'm going to wear any necklace. But that just means I'll wear fantastic earrings that somehow compliment the brooch on the sash: )
  • McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pic in my Married Bio...Old:  I used lace from my mom's wedding gown for my bouquet wrap.New:  A beautiful diamond bracelet that was my (surprise!) wedding gift from DH.  It would have been my shoes otherwise.Borrowed:  I borrowed DH's baby bonnet/hankerchief thingy from MIL (although I haven't returned it.  Invalid!)Blue:  Wore a Yankees garter for DH with navy blueWe're Irish, so we also do the sixpence for your shoe.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    My old was a brooch that my stepmom found at an antique store and loaned to me. It is in my bio.. pinned to my bouquet wrap. New was my veil. Borrowed was Mom's garter. Blue was the Mrs. P personalized unders that I had made.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not at all superstitious so I really didn't care about this at all, but my mom forced me.Old:  I wore my crotchless Spanx for my rehearsal dinner, does that count?  I used an old cross necklace wrapped into my bouquet wrap.. oh wait, the shawl I wore was my grandmothers, she wore it to my mom's wedding, that makes it old.New:  shoes, veil, purse, etc etcBorrowed:  the shawl again, I guess it serves double duty.  Or else a cross pendant that DH had that has his father's ashes in it, I had that wrapped in my bouquet as well.Blue:  part of my garter

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • edited December 2011
    Something old: my e-ring, which was my grandmother's Something new: jewelry Something borrowed: not sure yet, have to think about this... Something blue: my friend is sending me something she got for me in Medjugorje (I know I butchered the spelling)
    Crosswalk
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Old: my grandma sent me a beautiful and very old partly blue handkerchief that her mom had brought over with her from Slovakia.New: Dress doesn't count?  Then veil, earrings, shoes, undies and hair accessories.Borrowed: Jewelry from my mom and maybe FMIL.Blue: Aforementioned handkerchief.  Maybe something else too?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • kelly1516kelly1516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    old: my ring and band were FIs mom and grandmothersnew: dress, but if the dress is counting then everything else on me!borrowed: the earrings are from my momblue: the writing on my gutchies. it says "Bride to be" in blue sparkles... real pretty from VS :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers my read shelf:
    Kelly (kelly1516)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • reannalynnereannalynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what I am doing for most of these yet, but for Old (can it be borrowed, also?) i am using a wedding band from FIs grandmother. it was her grandmother's and the wedding date is the same as mine but in 1900.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards