Wedding Invitations & Paper

How is this RSVP wording?

I'm having trouble with my RSVP wording. I really need the # attending slot on there. Just trying to make it look correct. How is this?

The favor of a reply is requested by

January 31st, 2013

M__________________

___ will attend ___ number attending

___ cannot attend

Re: How is this RSVP wording?

• I'd simplify it by just doing ___number attending ___cannot attend. That's what we did and it worked well. People don't need to check that they are attending and then also include the numbers - having them just fill in numbers should be enough. 

Also, the year isn't necessary in the date, but you can keep it if you want  :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_how-is-this-rsvp-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:75fe52a7-33ed-4509-9401-4eac9ffb7a6bPost:bd213748-1789-4ba8-b863-59053d6453c4">Re: How is this RSVP wording?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd simplify it by just doing ___number attending ___cannot attend. That's what we did and it worked well. People don't need to check that they are attending and then also include the numbers - having them just fill in numbers should be enough.  Also, the year isn't necessary in the date, but you can keep it if you want  :)
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>like this?</div><div>
    </div><div> <p style="text-align:center;" class="MsoNormal" align="center"><span style="font-family:Garamond;font-variant:small-caps;">The favor of a reply is requested on or before </span></p> <p style="text-align:center;" class="MsoNormal" align="center"><span style="font-family:Garamond;font-variant:small-caps;">January 31<sup>st</sup>, 2013 </span></p> <p style="text-align:center;" class="MsoNormal" align="center"><span style="font-family:Garamond;font-variant:small-caps;"> </span></p> <p style="text-align:center;" class="MsoNormal" align="center"><span style="font-family:Garamond;font-variant:small-caps;">M__________________ </span></p> <p style="text-align:center;" class="MsoNormal" align="center"><span style="font-family:Garamond;font-variant:small-caps;">Number of persons ___ </span></p> <p style="text-align:center;" class="MsoNormal" align="center"><span style="font-family:Garamond;font-variant:small-caps;">___ cannot attend</span></p> </div>
  • Instead of "Number of Persons___ " I'd just say "____ Number Attending".

image 312 Invited
    image 182 Are ready to party!
    image 127 Will be missing out!
    image 3 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_how-is-this-rsvp-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:75fe52a7-33ed-4509-9401-4eac9ffb7a6bPost:42996969-5d9c-42c7-ac03-38c2059d0e6d">Re: How is this RSVP wording?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Instead of "Number of Persons___ " I'd just say "____ Number Attending".
    Posted by maggieandrey[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This exactly.</div>
  • I'd also stick with your original wording of "a reply is request by" rather than "on or before". It's just a lot simpler.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards