Wedding Invitations & Paper

Including Directions Question

So I am trying to keep things as inexpensive as possible.  I have purchased blank invites to be printed by a local printer.  I need to include directions as most people live 1 to 2 hours away from the location.  I know it breaks a rule, but it is really that horrible to put them on the back of the invitation?

Also, I am including turn-by-turn directions without a map, do I need to include the mileage like they do on Google/Yahoo etc or should I leave that off?

Thanks in advance!

Here's a link to the invitations I purchased:
http://www.myexpression.com/prodDetail.cfm?ProductID=17058&ProdCategoryID=3&ProdSubCatID=1

Re: Including Directions Question

• Thanks ladies, that's what I was afraid of, the paper is has a nice shine too it, not glitter but a shimmer, guess I'll start looking!
  • i am having the same issue.  I was also told to buy cardstock in the same color, it would look better.  GRRR  just something else to worry about!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No - I was advising lurkers who might be reading this post to learn from it and buy extra cardstock.  Not calling you a lurker.  :) 

Why not look for recycled cardstock in a coordinating color?  Then you don't have to try to get it to match, and it's already green (in spirit, if not color).
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • A coordinating color, that's a great idea that no one has mentioned!  I could do recycled paper for sure, thanks!  Maybe I won't break the rule after all.
  • Just don't go for thin paper.  Then it looks like an obvious afterthought.  As long as it coordinates and has weight to it, it'll be fine.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards