Wedding Invitations & Paper

Need unconventional invite wording help?!

This will be my second wedding

FIs parents are footing the larger part of the bill but purely because they want to, they would have regardless of what my parents were contributing (which isnt much at all, but they have done this before and I dont expect them to do it again!)

Anyway, with the feel of the wedding and all the former, I feel that unconventional wording is what I'd like to go with, just curious if anyone else is using wording that is out of the ordinary?! (and or not including parents names)

I reeeally like something like this...

Sarah M. Soandso
and
Jeffrey R. Soandso

Boy met Girl.

For the rest of the story join us on
June 30, 2012
Celebration will begin at
4 o'clock in the afternoon.

Suchandsuch Park
Shenandoah, Iowa

Festivities will Follow at
5 o'clock in the arfternoon!

yay or nay?! thoughts?!

thanks!
Photobucket
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Need unconventional invite wording help?!

• For internet safety; I wouldn't post your real names.

Have you used FI's parents if they want to be listed on the invite?  I would do this first and go from there depending on their response.

If you want to use the above wording, I would only capitolize as needed (no girl, follow, etc).  And I wouldn't use an exclamation point. Usually invites are written in the third person also.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_need-unconventional-invite-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:827716d4-5a5a-4819-97f4-d76adc4e5b80Post:d5c77e29-f4a1-4459-8390-073fc14a7ffa">Re: Need unconventional invite wording help?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]For internet safety; I wouldn't post your real names. Have you used FI's parents if they want to be listed on the invite?  I would do this first and go from there depending on their response. If you want to use the above wording, I would only capitolize as needed (no girl, follow, etc).  And I wouldn't use an exclamation point. Usually invites are written in the third person also.
    Posted by hz80408[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for the tips, I didnt use our real names :) </div><div>I havent talked to his parents yet but I plan to soon, I was just trying to get some ideas, changed it to third person, edited the capitalization, and got rid of the "!"!</div>
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have nothing to contribute but holy cow, OP, you're pretty! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_need-unconventional-invite-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:827716d4-5a5a-4819-97f4-d76adc4e5b80Post:aa8c8e4d-3954-48c7-9dcb-57c70ad4f36b">Re: Need unconventional invite wording help?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have nothing to contribute but holy cow, OP, you're pretty! :)
    Posted by Mandafly84[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you :)</div>
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Unless you have a dog theme going on - you have an extra R in afternoon :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards