Wedding Invitations & Paper

Mailing save the date magnets

Hi all,

I just got my save the date magnets and am wondering how people have mailed them. I was thinking of getting card stock and putting tabs on it and putting the magnets in the tabs. Or maybe glue dots? Should I write something on the card stock? Help!!

Re: Mailing save the date magnets

• I did cardstock with photo tabs.  I'll try to post a pic sometime this weekend.
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just stuffed the magnets in envelopes alone but was sure to drop them off in the hands of someone at the post office and not in the metal box...  As far as I know they all arrived....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_mailing-save-date-magnets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:8cd8138b-04f3-4445-a5cc-9957f3b128bdPost:cdaa1449-6988-45a6-a050-2e9d36431050">Re: Mailing save the date magnets</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just stuffed the magnets in envelopes alone but was sure to drop them off in the hands of someone at the post office and not in the metal box...  As far as I know they all arrived....
    Posted by balasj[/QUOTE]
    Haha... I hadn't even thought of that.
  • I put mine in cardstock cards that I made with hotel and rental car information inside. 

The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Tiny hint....test an individual magnet in the envelope you plan to mail it in against a mailbox before you send them. A friend of ours didn't insulate the magnet well enough, and a lot of people were convinced they didn't receive one. Once they actually bent down and looked into the mailbox (rather than just reaching in) they realized that it was stuck to the side of the mailbox. 

Sounds hilarious, but it happened enough to merit a mention! I think if you cover the magnetic side with strong enough paper, you should be fine. 
  • oh lordy, I hadn't even thought of this issue for when I mail my STD magents. Good point!!

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • I just stuck them in matching envelopes, but our magnets were big (postcard size) so we wrote our wedding website URL on it for further info. I know some people who have had the tiny business card size magnets with only the names, date, and city mount it to cardstock with glue dots and put more info on the cardstock. Honestly, for most magnets I would say this is unnecessary, extra work. We used high quality invitation style lined envelopes so the magnets didnt stick to anything :)
    Photobucket
  • Ha, I didn't think of them sticking to the mailbox.  I ordered 2 inserts with hotel info as well.  I will be sure to put the inserts so that they block the magnets from sticking.

To answer OP, I'm putting the magnet in the envelope without being attached to cardstock.  Just the magnet and two inserts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards