Wedding Invitations & Paper

Vista Print Magnets for Save the Dates

Has anyone used Vista Print for their Save the Dates and how was the quality? I have looked at so many websites and Vista Print is sooooo much cheaper than the rest and I want to know why.... 
Also if you know fo another website with well priced Save the Date Magnets please let me know. Thanks. 
Lilypie - (pZmO)

Daisypath - (m6Pg)

Re: Vista Print Magnets for Save the Dates

• We did our magnets from there and got tons of compliments. I uploaded my own design, and they came out GREAT. I also ordered business cards with our website info on them, and then I got cute colored cardstock and Glue Dots (like the sticky stuff credit cards have on them when you get one) and put a magnet and the card on the cardstock and then I could mail them normally. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Awesome! Great idea too!
    Lilypie - (pZmO)

Daisypath - (m6Pg)
  • What tool/ program did you use for creating your own design?
    Lilypie - (pZmO)

Daisypath - (m6Pg)
  • I did our STD's on there. I also uploaded our own picture and it turned out great! I used a Groupon along with it to save a bit more. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We also did ours with a Groupon on Vistaprint. I thought they turned out great and although we haven't sent them out yet, everyone who has seen them thus far has really liked them :) 

We just used a generic template from the Vistaprint collection, because I am lazy and knew I ust wanted a basic picture of us. Then I actually found seating cards in the same matching style, took off the text that said "Table #__" and replaced it with "For more information, please see our wedding website..." etc. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_vista-print-magnets-for-save-the-dates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:9f424a04-52c6-4293-88f2-8b8518ca12d3Post:79aedf47-6f80-4cfd-b06e-9bcfff555db6">Re: Vista Print Magnets for Save the Dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]What tool/ program did you use for creating your own design?
    Posted by Cgelske[/QUOTE]

<div>I have Paint Shop Pro.</div>
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • We used VP for our STD Magnets - We did our own design using Pic Monkey.  (http://www.picmonkey.com/) It's a free photo-editing site, sort of like a very watered down version of photoshop - where the basic effects are all free.  We got lots of compliments on it, and with the Groupon it cost us about $37 for 150.

Upload your e-pic or whatever you want to use, add a banner & text with your information, etc. and save.  Then upload that to VP as a custom design & voila!  The only piece of advice I have is to pay attention to what VP says to use for size or pixels, for the large magnet it is:

Full Bleed Size
    5.59" x 4.33"
    142 x 110 mm
    1677 x 1300 pixels

Document Trim Size
    5.47" x 4.21"
    139 x 107 mm
    1642 x 1264 pixels

• bezelpupbezelpup member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    My VP magnets were also fantastic. I used Craft Artist to design them. I had a bit of a hard time finding envelopes of the right size but I finally found some at Target in a box of blank printable cards and envelopes. I can't remember if VP didn't have the right size or they wanted a ton of money for them and it was more than my 70 groupon.
  • I'm not sure what the pricing is for Vista Print.  I used Magnet Street and was thrilled with the results.  I got 125 - 3.5" x 5.5"Magnent Save the Dates.  The other bonus was it came with really nice silver lined envelopes that fit the magnets perfectly.  They often seem to have coupon codes available online and if you search online or give them a call they will prob give you a code.  I just mailed my Save the Dates out yesterday and really love them!

You can upload your own custom design (which is what I did) or choose from one of the really nice designs they have to offer.  http://www.magnetstreet.com/splash/market/517/kc/save-the-date-magnets/kn/wedding-magnet
  • We did ours on magnets through Vista Print also. They turned out great. Everyone loved them. We used one of the templates they had and just tweaked it a bit to what we wanted.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards