Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Wedding website RSVP? Is this a bad idea?

Has anyone just done a website RSVP and no paper RSVP? Is this tacky or just a terrible ideas?? I wonder how many people will not do it and come ? I just feel without something concrete people are just going to forget ! And what about the people who don't have internet?

Re: Wedding website RSVP? Is this a bad idea?

• Options
    It sounds like you aren't crazy about the online RSVP, so why consider it? I know some people do it to be "green" and save on paper, but if you don't really have a reason for doing it and don't like the idea, do traditional paper RSVPs. You're right that there are some issues that arise with online-only RSVPs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    For DD's wedding, we did postcards but gave guests the option to log their RSVP online via their wedding website. So far, no issues and maybe 8-10 responses have come in that way. 

I'd be hesitant to have it be the ONLY way to RSVP, though. Mainly because not everyone is computer-savvy or has internet. 
  • Options
    zveezvee member
    First Comment
    I think you guys are both right. I think I am going to just go the traditional route and mention website somewhere to let them know they can rsvp online as well :) Thanks for feedback
  • Options
    I would give people options otherwise you might have a low response rate which would then require you to call them.
  • Options
    We are doing traditional RSVPs.  We would not even consider doing a website.
  • Options
    I think you should just do the traditional route.  As Wally said, she gave both options and only a handful used the website option.  But if you are already sending a card with a stamp, why not just have them use it?

• Options

wedding website rsvps are notoriously funky and have technical problems.  If you are trying to save costs, maybe consider a postcard.  the website will likely cause more headache than it's worth and you'll have to make a ton of follow up calls.

• Options
    To avoid the added cost we gave an option on the invite to either call or rsvp online at our website. We are getting both and this has worked well.
  • Options
    I was also thinking about this! Just talking about it the other day and got on here and found this. I like the idea about doing the postcard and option to respond online too. I was also afraid of those whom are not computer savy, so was afraid to just do online only. The postcard keeps the cost down too & saves paper if your trying to be green.
  • Options
    I found this on a site called " I do daily deals".

http://www.idodailydeal.com/deals/50-off-design-your-own-paperless-wedding-invitations-package/

It seems pretty cool and they let you desing your own invite along with the RSVP service. I'm going to try it. Seems much cheaper than regular invites. I came here in search of what people thought of RSVPs online.  Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards