Wedding Invitations & Paper

Re: Na

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  However, a deceased person cannot host a wedding, even if his money is being used to pay for it.  It would not be appropriate to put his name on the invitation, but you could do a lovely tribute to him in the program.
  • I'm very sorry for your losses.

That said, wedding invitations aren't playbills, so they're not to be used to "give credit" for financial or other contributions to your wedding.  In any case, who's paying is none of the guests' business.  And deceased persons can't host.

The place to recognize your parents would be in a tribute in a wedding program.  Also, you can do things like wear or carry items that they owned, serve refreshments that they liked, play music that they enjoyed, have decorations that they liked, and so on.
  • Ditto both PPs.   Please accept my sympathies for your loss.

That said, the invitation is not supposed to read as who has donated.  Honor your parents in the program, photos displayed at the reception and with mementos.
  • JillianwhitJillianwhit member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Delete
  • Why did you delete? It is considered very rude to the people who took time to answer your question.  You got nothing but respectful responses that advised you on the proper way to handle this situation.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards