Wedding Invitations & Paper

Can I use guest list on theknot to print envelopes?

Is there any way to use the guest list here on theknot to print off our own envelopes? If not, is there any way to export the guest list data to an Excel spreadsheet? I imported the list of names at the start, and have been updating addresses, etc. on theknot, but should I be working directly in an Excel spreadsheet so that we can use it to print envelopes?

Re: Can I use guest list on theknot to print envelopes?

• You can print an Excel spreadsheet wtih all the information that you have entered into the Guest List to date. Go to your Guest List, click View List, in the top right corner of that page, click View Summary, scroll all the way down the new page and there is a section that says Export Lists. You can choose to filter or you can print the whole thing.

It will open in Excel and it should show all your information, including adresses.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited August 2012
    Thanks! :)  Unfortunately, we can't do them by hand, because we're on a very tight timeline because of immigration timelines - and we don't have the budget to hire someone.  To us, this point of etiquette is not crucial. :)
  • Printing is the better option, and don't use too fancy a script, otherwise who knows where your invitations end up.Think of the postal workers that have to desipher the address.

I plan on getting clear address label stickers and editing in excel as well. I actually started my guest list on excel. Also if you aren't well versed in excel, Avery's website can also help you edit and print address labels.

I have about 100 quest to invite, I'm not writing them all by hand. I'm not going to hire a calligrapher either. We are on a budget, and I think I just would feel insulted, since I do graphic art, with someone else doing the 'artwork' on my invitations, but that's just me.
    Wedding Date: 7/20/2014 Met in 2001, starting dating in 2005, engaged in 2012.
  • It's becoming more accepted to have printed envelopes (WITHOUT labels). 

I think you can export the knot's guest list to an excel spread sheet. From there, use the Mail Merge tool to get the addresses into a Word Document. Then set the printer to the right size paper, and you're good to go! Again, don't do labels. 

Googe Mail Merge Tutorial and you'll find plenty of help on how to do those. Cut some regular computer paper to the size envelopes you're using to make sure the printing works. 

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards