Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Is 10 months out too early to send save the dates?

Is 10 months out too early to send out my save the dates? We will have a lot of people coming from all the over country and I keep getting asked when I am going to send them out. I was originally going to send them out in November since thats 9 months out but am now toying with the idea of sending them out in October since I just got them in the mail the other day. Everything I have read said if its a destination wedding or most of your guest list is from different states or countries anywhere from 9 to 12 months out was fine but wanted to get second opinion.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is 10 months out too early to send save the dates?

• Options
    I sent mine out at 10 months. About 40% of our guests are coming from out of state.  The only thing I will suggest is making sure you have blocked off rooms at a hotel.  As soon as I sent them a lot of folks started asking about hotels. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to send mine out at 10 months but I waited til 8 months. Just in case it was a little early for non-planners.
  • Options
    I already got the hotel block set up back in August so I am good to go on that. The save dates have the block info and refer guests to myknot.com website for all the wedding info as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just ordered mine, my wedding is July 3, 2011. I wasn't going to do Save the Dates originally, but I thought since it was a holiday weekend then it was needed.

A friend of mine just got married, and they sent out their save the dates a year and half before the wedding, so it is never too soon to send them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards