as they are united in marriage
Friday, the 7th of June
Two Thousand and Thirteen
at Four O'clock in the afternoon

Saint. Jane Parish
Church address
Town, State

Questions

1) Do I write Saint out for Church or St.?
2) My guests are mostly from different towns, so I should write the address of the church, correct?
3) Do I write "parish" or catholic church? I noticed the church bulletin writes parish, not catholic church..anyone know?

Anything else I did wrong?

btw, the font will be all capitals so no need to correct caps/non-caps. Thanks

Accomodations card:

Name of hotel
Address
City, State
Phone number
A block of rooms has been reserved for our guests
Please reference
".....Wedding" when making reservations.
Kindly reserve your room by May 15, 2013

does that sounds okay, especially the last part? I don't want them to think they HAVE to stay at hotel

Re: Please proofread invitations

• Thanks in advance
  • edited December 2012
    These are my suggestions:

Together with their families
    Bride's first, middle, last name
    and (spell out)
    Groom's first, middle, last name
    request the pleasure of your presence (don't capitalize)
    as they are united in marriage
    Friday, the seventh of June
    Two thousand and thirteen (include the and - see below for etquette)
    at four o'clock in the afternoon

Saint. Jane Parish
    Church address
    Town, State

Questions

1) Do I write Saint out for Church or St.?  I would spell it out
    2) My guests are mostly from different towns, so I should write the address of the church, correct? Yes - but leave off the zip code
    3) Do I write "parish" or catholic church? I noticed the church bulletin writes parish, not catholic church..anyone know?  Check with the priest to see the actual name.

Accommodations card: (correct spelling)

Name of hotel
    Address
    City, State
    Phone number
    A block of rooms has been reserved for our guests
    Please reference
    ".....Wedding" when making reservations.
    Kindly reserve your room by May 15, 2013 to receive the special rate

does that sounds okay, especially the last part? I don't want them to think they HAVE to stay at hotel

http://blog.crane.com/2012/02/28/wedding-invitation-etiquette-a-line-by-line-guide/

The time line can designate the time of day by using either “in the morning,” “in the afternoon” or “in the evening.” For most times it’s not usually necessary, since a wedding held at six o’clock is obviously being held in the evening.

Weddings held at eight, nine or ten o’clock are another matter, since they could be held in either the morning or evening. In those cases, a designation denoting the time of day is helpful.

In any event, you may always include the time of day if you find it aesthetically pleasing, and most older, traditional invitations do include it.

Isn’t it incorrect to use “and,” as in “Two thousand and one”?
    In mathematics “and” denotes a decimal point, and since there’s no decimal point in the year “2001,” it may seem incorrect to use “and.”

Wedding invitations, however, are not mathematical equations, so the use of “and” as a decimal point is irrelevant. On wedding invitations, “and” is used simply as a connective word.

• Thanks, everyone
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_please-proofread-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:d377e4e9-a341-4848-924b-0c90053e98d9Post:75cd9c93-b4bb-4e0e-914a-f92b051b773b">Re: Please proofread invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]These are my suggestions: Together with their families Bride's first, middle, last name and (spell out) Groom's first, middle, last name request the pleasure of your presence (don't capitalize) as they are united in marriage Friday, the seventh  of June Two thousand and thirteen (include the and - see below for etquette) at four o'clock in the afternoon Saint. Jane Parish Church address Town, State Questions 1) Do I write Saint out for Church or St.?  I would spell it out 2) My guests are mostly from different towns, so I should write the address of the church, correct? Yes - but leave off the zip code 3) Do I write "parish" or catholic church? I noticed the church bulletin writes parish, not catholic church..anyone know?  Check with the priest to see the actual name. Accommodations card: (correct spelling) Name of hotel Address City, State Phone number A block of rooms has been reserved for our guests Please reference ".....Wedding" when making reservations. Kindly reserve your room by May 15, 2013 to receive the special rate does that sounds okay, especially the last part? I don't want them to think they HAVE to stay at hotel ****** <a href="http://blog.crane.com/2012/02/28/wedding-invitation-etiquette-a-line-by-line-guide/" rel="nofollow">http://blog.crane.com/2012/02/28/wedding-invitation-etiquette-a-line-by-line-guide/</a> The time line can designate the time of day by using either “in the morning,” “in the afternoon” or “in the evening.” For most times it’s not usually necessary, since a wedding held at six o’clock is obviously being held in the evening. Weddings held at eight, nine or ten o’clock are another matter, since they could be held in either the morning or evening. In those cases, a designation denoting the time of day is helpful. In any event, you may always include the time of day if you find it aesthetically pleasing, and most older, traditional invitations do include it. <strong>  Isn’t it incorrect to use “and,” as in “Two thousand and one”? In mathematics “and” denotes a decimal point, and since there’s no decimal point in the year “2001,” it may seem incorrect to use “and.” Wedding invitations, however, are not mathematical equations, so the use of “and” as a decimal point is irrelevant. On wedding invitations, “and” is used simply as a connective word.</strong>
    Posted by swanny55[/QUOTE]

I am so confused now because Emily post says the opposite thing....help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards