Wedding Invitations & Paper

Save the dates?

What are some good websites or catalogs I can order for save the dates and invites? I've got 2 catalogs, but I'm not really seeing too much that I like... any suggestions?

Re: Save the dates?

• I did the Save The Date magnets.  Zazzle.com has some high quality magnets, but the only thing is that they are a little pricey, but you save a little if you buy in bulk, like 50 or more.  All the other magnet sites I found and the DIY magnets are the flimsy pizza delivery magnet types.  This was the only place I found to do the thick kind.  If you don't want to do magnets, there are a lot of sites that you can get them from.  I think Vistaprint is a popular choice on here, but I have never used them.
  • edited February 2010
    We also did save the date magnets and used magnetstreet.com.  We were very pleased with the results!  I think their magnets are much thicker and higher quality than Vista Print's  (we have a few Vista Print save the date magnets from other couples).  They are more pricey than some other places, but they frequently run sales and provide discount codes in their catalogs (we got ours 20% off + an extra 15% off).  Lastly we thought Magnet Street's customer service was excellent.  The blue color on our first set of magnets was lighter than we hoped, so we called and they sent us an entire new set in the perfect color for free!  Good luck!
  • PIB of ours.  Postcards and magnets from VistaPrint.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • thanks for the ideas, ill check out those sites :)
  • How did you mail your save the date magnets? What size envelope?
  • The postcards from VistaPrint have an optional envelope, so I just got those and used them.  I stuck the magnet to the postcard with a removeable glue dot, and off they went.  Super easy.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I wanted something different. I went with printyourparty.com. They design and I can print my own.
  • I made my save the dates and they came out fabulous! I'll admit it was a bit of a Pain in the butt but it was totally worth it.  I bought business card sized magnets at staples and we had a friend (whos a graphic design artist) help us with the editing of the magnet.  I had the pictures printed at staples (in color) on blank business cards and attached them to the magnets.  Then I bought glue dots and affixed the back of the magnet with the glue dot on to different color cardstock paper cut so that they would fit into an envelope. all in all i spent about $50 on 150 save the dates. 

We got married at a beach in CT and our save the date was a picture that we had taken at the beach a year before we were engaged of shells on the sand that spelled LOVE. Many of my friends and family commented that it was a magnet they would leave on thier fridge for a long time.  let me know and i will send you a copy of the STD magnet.
    in the mean time please visit my real wedding contest submission feel free to vote!  :)
    http://www.theknot.com/my-real-wedding/Photo/151194/a-connecticut-beach-wedding-tara-amp-craig-gambardella

i hope that was helpful!
    Tara
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards