Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invites, no children, rsvp`s ,gifts

This is so frustrating!  Ok, I know invitations are like a science . You buy the invites, and everything else from rsvp cards, reception cards are all extra, I get it. I have my invitations picked out, and i want the typical message that says "you and so and so are cordially invited to blah blahs wedding at blah blah" Would it be bad to say at the end of the invitation message "Reception following on site' since it is going to be at the same place?

Also, I want rsvps, but my guest will have to rsvp by phone. I do not want the  typical "send back, heres a stamp" so, would it be bad to have on the rsvp a gift note (telling guests our preferred method of gifting) and that there we do not allow children at the weddin? Where would I put all this extra stuff I want to say??

Re: Invites, no children, rsvp`s ,gifts

• Options
    Just say "Reception to follow". 

If you're including a separate RSVP card, just say "Please respond by the first of October (or whatever the date is)
    (555) 555-5555

Don't mention gifts at all on the invitations, or anywhere. I'm assuming you're referring to wanting cash rather than gifts? Just don't make a registry and people will figure out that you want cash. But really, do not mention that anywhere on invitations or on a website or anything. 

As far as the no kids thing - you don't mention that anywhere. All you need to do is address the envelopes to only those people you are inviting. When they RSVP just confirm who they plan on bringing - if they say "We and the kids are coming," you just say "I'm sorry for the confusion, but the invitation was only meant for X and Y. We hope you can still make it." If they say they won't come without the kids, say "I'm sorry to hear that, we'll miss you at the wedding."
  • Options
    Gifts should not be mentioned at all in an invitation, ever.

You also don't mention about not inviting children.  You write the names of those who are invited on the inner envelope if your using one or the just the outside envelope if not. Do not put "and family" or anything of the like just names. Mr and Mrs. John Smith, for an example.

You can do postcard RSVPs to save on postage, if not I think phone RSVPs are fine if you are not requiring a food choice. I would say, be prepared to make lots of phone calls after your RSVP deadline to track down those who did not call.  I personally would not call an RSVP number. Paper RSVPs are much more convienent.

If someone RSVPs with more then was invited, you just politely claryify who was invited and apologize for the misunderstanding.

I think the "Reception following on site" is ok.  I would word it like this "Reception immediately following the ceremony" and then you can put the location if it's in a different room then the ceremony.  My ceremony is in room "A" at the hall and my reception is in room "B". so I would say "Reception immediately following the ceremony in Room B."

Other cards to include would be accomadation card or directions.
    Sept. 13 March Siggy Challenge: hair inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you very much!! I have no idea on invite etiquette, so this is very helpful! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards