Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Reaching my breaking point looking for pocket invites

So, I saw these amazing invitations at a bridal show, right at the beginning of our engagement. I feel completely in love with them.  They looked like a padded envelop that unfolded and had the cards inside!! I later found out that their called pocket invitations. Well now I can't find any that I either like, or aren't $350.00 for just 100. I have about 200 guests, and while my parents are wonderful to be paying, $700 for just the invitations is not what they had in mind. Can anyone help? I really like pocket invitations, but some of these prices are outragous...and the hidden fees are just plain cruel. :(

Re: Reaching my breaking point looking for pocket invites

• Options
    Cardsandpockets.com and remember that you won't need 200 invitations since you'll have couples and families on one invitation.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I did pocketfold invites.  If you can DIY, you can save a lot of money.  I purchased my pocketfolds from cardsandpockets.com.  I purchased the 6 inch square ones (and the envelopes too).  My friend designed my invites for me.  We used Vistaprint to upload the design and have them printed out and shipped to us.  My friend had to design the invites, so that the bottom 3 inches of the invite was blank (she put a grayed box).  Then once they arrived, I cut off the gray box and had a 5.5 inch square invite to glue into the pocketfold.  I used the same formula for my inserts.  We used groupons to save money too.  We bought 60 pieces of each.  For the pocketfolds and envelopes it cost us $63 and all the stuff we got from VP, which was the invite, RSVP with envelope, 2 inserts, rehearsal dinner invites, return address labels, stickers to seal the pocketfold, an address stamp, and place cards.  Including the vouchers, we used 2, our VP total was around $28. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I'll check them out right now! Thank thanks "spunky" i keep forgetting I don't need all 200.. the stress has finally reached me..and i still have 7 months to go :-p
  • Options
    Like PPs said, cardandpockets.com is a website that many brides on TK have used and liked.  That being said, I too, fell in love with pocket invitations.  I thought that they were cute and functional and I liked the style.  However, after looking at prices, I decided that I would rather save the money and not do pocket invitations.  Pocket invitations are a relatively new trend, and you can certainly have a very nice invitation suite that is simple placed in the envelop and not held together in a pocket.  In fact, I have never actually received a pocket invitation.  I used weddingpaperdivas.com, and I found the quality to be excellent and the prices to be reasonable.  Many ladies on here recommend vistaprint.com as a very budget-friendly option as well.
  • Options
    I saw on pinterest a tutorial for DIY pocket invitations.  Good luck!

• Options
    Try to remember that very few people will remember your invitations. I'm not saying you shouldn't spend some money on what you want, but try not to let it stress you so much.
  • Options
    OP: I found a private seller on ebay who made my pocket invitations. She had them listed for 3.50/ea. I emailed her with my budget which was 3.00/ea. and she met me in the middle. She had a ton of designs that were a lot less expensive too. Anyways, she did a fantastic job and they turned out awesome. I can pm you her info if you want.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    ljsquintzljsquintz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_reaching-my-breaking-point-looking-for-pocket-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:e31c3808-29b0-4d5b-9ece-e4c73f8d13aaPost:2c280c64-4070-4787-837e-2126f734564c">Re:Reaching my breaking point looking for pocket invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ps. <strong>Those padded pocket envelopes will increase your postage costs.</strong>
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

This, and postage for a <u>square</u> invitation will also cost more.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards