Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

AW: The September Issue

Just got back from seeing The September Issue at the Tribeca Film Festival! The movie was really well done! Anna Wintour is such a fascinating person, and it is amazing to see the work that goes into making an issue of Vogue, especially their Sept one! It was neat to see the relationships of people she works with, and how much insight she seems to have into the fashion world. After the movie was over, the director (R.J. Cutler) was there to answer any questions we had. It was so cool! :-) I definitely recommend this movie! Speaking of which, is it out in the US yet? I am guessing it is. I am off to another movie at the film festival tomorrow, although this one is a little less known. I will let you know how it is!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
My Doha Adventures

Re: AW: The September Issue

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the review!  Yes, it came out in the US a few weeks ago.  I really want to see it and I'm glad to hear you liked it!  So neat that the director was there too!I hear Grace Coddington comes off as the real heroine of the movie- true?I also think it's interesting that this issue they were working on ended up being the biggest one Vogue has ever published- now, with the recession and advertising dollars dying, this year's September issue was waaaaay smaller.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenn - The Grace/Anna relationship is so amazing in the film. They don't always disagree on what they like for the magazine, but they both think very highly of each other, and are able to work together amongst all that. I am not sure about her coming off as the heroine of the story. I don't want to bias it either way for you :-) Let me know what you think when you get to see it! :-)

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Soooooo want to see this! :) And I would soooooo smuggle butter into the theater somehow!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd love to see this! I haven't seen any advertisements or anything about it playing in my area.  I'll have to check it out.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Molly, LOL :)  Thanks Jennifer, I'll let you know when I see it!  What are you going to see next at the film festival?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really want to see that.  I'm glad it got a good review. AW sounds like a really interesting person. Enjoy your film festivals.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards