Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

grumbles (wot inside)

I know no one is on, but I need to grumble. My sis in law to be is making our cake, which I am extremely grateful for. She needs to make it at FI's house and wants to stay here (I'm currently typing at his house.) Okay, no problem there. She wants her daughter to stay here as well. FI has one extra bedroom, which is filled with gifts and my crap that I'm slowly moving over. Not very much room for two people to sleep on and air mattress.Neice and SIL don't want the dog around (terrifiedness and cake baking) so I have to find a place for my dog to stay the week that they are here. My mom isn't going to want to because her dog and mine are crazy when they're together.  I just hope they don't think that I'm getting rid of the dog every time they want to come stay here with us.The things we do for those we love...

Re: grumbles (wot inside)

• edited December 2011
    sorry that sucks!  Just a lot of stress that you don't need this close to the wedding.  I'm glad she's making your cake for you though, that is nice!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    UGH!! i'd say this is the one and only time you do this for them. once you're moved in and settled, i'd say the puppy trumps them! it's his house too!
  • AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry, but I'd never kick my dogs out because family wanted to stay at my house but didn't want the dog there.  I'd give them directions to the nearest hotel.
  • edited December 2011
    That totally sucks. I agree with the pp who said do it once, and only once. 
  • New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went through something similar for our wedding - somehow everyone wanted to stay with us. For those that were doing us serious favors, I paid for their hotel rooms and considered it money well spent to save my sanity! Seriously, there was enough going on the week of the wedding to stress over cleaning up for guests and entertaining/filling the fridge/etc. But since she's making your cake, I wouldn't turn her out either. Consider a hotel room her thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards