Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Double Bridal Shower Invitations

My sister and I are having a double bridal shower. I know it's not traditional, and maybe even tacky, but we both live a plane ride away from "home" and our weddings are a month and a half apart. Rather than making everyone come twice, well, really four times including both weddings, we're doing it this way.

However, my question is if there is a polite way to let MY guests know that they do not have to buy my sister a gift, and that my sister's people do not have to buy a gift for me? I was thinking of including a small (business card size) printed card in the invitations of whom it would concern saying something on it to inform them. But what to say? How to say it?

I'm assuming the majority of the girls on here are against a double shower, so please don't comment on that part. I know all the downsides, and it's already happening.

So just a little help please on how to help the guests from buying two gifts when they don't need to! Thank you!

Re: Double Bridal Shower Invitations

• Options
    If both you and your sister are down with the double shower, then I don't think it's tacky at all. What if you included a separate little business card info sheet with a little note stating something like, "Please join us in celebrating one or both of the girls you know well at this joint shower. Your presence is more than gift enough. If you'd like additional ideas, Bride #1 is registered at.... Bride #2 is registered at..." Just a thought! Best of luck. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards