Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Please check my RSVPs!

How does this RSVP look?

I will be inviting guests so I asked them to write names instead of just initialing next to the choice. Any suggestions on a better way to word it? Should I give more info on the meal options or is just the simple "salmon" "sirloin" or "vegetarian pasta" enough for people to make their decision?

Re: Please check my RSVPs!

• Options
    Just suggestions......

1. "Accepts with pleasure" and "Declines with regret" are sometimes considered presumptuous. "Accepts" and "Declines" would suffice.

2. Traditionally, you should have the food options as non-specific as possible.

Fish
    Beef
    Vegetarian
  • Options
    I think it all looks fine to me. I acutally like the "declines with regret." It always makes me feel better about declining. And the food choices look great to me too.
  • Options
    Not a fan of accepting with pleasure/declining with regret.  For all you know, they may be declining with pleasure!

I would move the respond by date up to go with Please respond by and make it the same font.  It seems lost where it is, and the Please respond by looks like you forgot to put in the date.

As for the meal choices, I think they should be as specific as possible, so people can make an informed choice, i.e. Salmon with dill sauce, sirloin steak with bernaise sauce, etc.  That way, if there's an ingredient you don't like, you can choose something else rather than sending it back when it's served.
  • Options
    I'd just use "accepts" and "regrets", but other than that it seems okay to me.

As for the meal choices, I think if you're too specific on the RSVPs, you can run into problems later.  So I'd limit the choices listed to the actual item that constitutes the main entree-especially if they can make choices of sauces, sides, etc. at the reception itself.
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_please-check-my-rsvps?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:f2bd0b33-45f5-41a4-945d-fed0e7a8ab13Post:b67fdb1e-8245-4d2c-bf5e-9b3167116286">Re: Please check my RSVPs!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd just use "accepts" and "regrets", but other than that it seems okay to me.<strong> As for the meal choices, I think if you're too specific on the RSVPs, you can run into problems later.</strong>  So I'd limit the choices listed to the actual item that constitutes the main entree-especially if they can make choices of sauces, sides, etc. at the reception itself.
    Posted by Jen4948[/QUOTE]

This.

The tradition of not putting specifics stems from the fact that it's a wedding, not a restaurant. It is proper etiquette for a guest to eat what is served/offered by the host.

So many people are so picky nowadays, but not necessarily due to allergies or dietary restrictions. It could get to be a headache for the hosts with 100+ individual requests.
  • Options
    Thank you for your help! I changed the "accepts with pleasure" and "declines with regret" to "will be attending" and "will not be attending". To me "declines" just sounds harsh lol. I also moved the date up to the top and put it in the same font. I just followed the pre-set format initially and didn't really think about it, but it did look funny. Thank you!
  • Options
    That looks a lot better.  I hate to nitpick, but I think "will attend" and "will not attend" flows better. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards