November 2013 GTKY!

2»

Re: November 2013 GTKY!

• Name/FI name: Claire/MikeAge/FI age: 33/38
    When did you start dating: we met 12.29.11 during a ski trip to Mammoth
    When did you get engaged: 2.14.13
    Wedding date: 11.3.13
    Wedding Venue/Location: Wiens Family Cellars in Temecula, CA
    Colors: Deep sage and chocolate brown (bicycle theme)
    Proposal story: we were on a ski trip to Utah and he proposed during dinner on Valentine's Day.  It was a complete surprise and I was so excited because Salt Lake is one of my favorite cities ever.  We then worked together to design a ring incorporating a family diamond, and he re-proposed with it about six weeks later in one of his favorite mountain biking parks.What do you and FI do for a living (optional):  I'm a jury consultant.  He does something else.  :)
  • Name/FI name: Megan/James
    Age/FI age: 28/38
    When did you start dating: April 2010, we met at work. (He had a shoulder injury and I was a safety cochair, otherwise we never would have spent time together! He asked me to go fishing one day.)
    When did you get engaged: September! Short engagement, but we've lived together 3 years!
    Wedding date: November 10th
    Wedding Venue/Location: A beautiful stone and cedar pavilion beside a private lake owned by a friend.
    Colors: Turquoise and all things rustic. (We live in Texas, it's cute and classy here ;)  )
    Proposal story: He took me out on a boat to an island in the middle of the lake that we spend every summer on and proposed to me at sunset on the beach in front of a bonfire.
  • Name/FI name: Jennifer/Lance
    Age/FI age: 28/27
    When did you start dating: Jr Year of HS, so 2003
    When did you get engaged: Summer 2005
    Wedding date: November 12, 2005 AND November 9, 2013
    Wedding Venue/Location: Norwood United Methodist Church AND Crossroads Church 
    Colors: Red/White AND White/Gold/Pink
    Proposal story: We were just sitting on the couch in our apartment and we brought it up and decided to do it, we were married about a month later. 
    What do you and FI do for a living: Stay At Home Mom/Cook
    Married 11/12/05 ~ Renewed Our Vows 11/9/13. 

"The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still."

• Name/FI name: Jennifer/Lance
    Age/FI age: 28/27
    When did you start dating: Jr Year of HS, so 2003
    When did you get engaged: Summer 2005
    Wedding date: November 12, 2005 AND November 9, 2013
    Wedding Venue/Location: Norwood United Methodist Church AND Crossroads Church 
    Colors: Red/White AND White/Gold/Pink
    Proposal story: We were just sitting on the couch in our apartment and we brought it up and decided to do it, we were married about a month later. 
    What do you and FI do for a living: Stay At Home Mom/Cook
    I'm confused. Are you doing a vow renewal?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Name/FI name: Audrey/Justin

Age/FI age: 34/32

When did you start dating: Jan. 2008, we met at Jury Duty.  :)

When did you get engaged: Oct. 20, 2012

Wedding date: November 9, 2013

Wedding Venue/Location: Ceremony at St. Thomas Church, Reception at Hawk's Landing Country Club, both in Southington, CT

Colors: Plum dresses, everything else fall colors (oranges, greens, purples)
    Proposal story: We went out for a Mustang ride to the ferry launch in Rocky Hill.  We go there often and have picnics or just hang out.  We were there forever, I noticed he was acting weird, thought maybe this was finally going to happen, and it did.  Yay!

What do you and FI do for a living (optional): Work at Ins. Company/ Teacher
  • Name/FI name: Carly/Shane

Age/FI age: 34/29

When did you start dating:  6/3/11

When did you get engaged: 8/3/12

Wedding date: 11/3/13

Wedding Venue/Location: The Elon Lodge, Elon, NC

Colors: Ivory, Orange, Brown and Camo

Proposal story: We were out for my birthday with friends and all the sudden everything got quiet and I realized that he was on one knee. He asked, I said yes and the rest has been history :-)

What do you and FI do for a living (optional): I'm disabled due to Lupus and the complications from Lupus. My FI is a local truck driver.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats Everyone! Our month is just around the corner!

Name/FI name: Jill / Josh
    Age/FI age: 33 / 27
    When did you start dating: 5/5/12
    When did you get engaged: 4/11/13
    Wedding date: 11/16/13
    Wedding Venue/Location: U.S. Grant Hotel, San Diego, CA
    Colors: Black, Gold & White
    Proposal story: He surprised me with a trip to DC during the National Cherry Blossom Festival.  We arrived during peak bloom, checked into the hotel and we're on a hurried walk to catch a bite to eat before a bike and cruise tour.  I was going to skirt around Tidal Basin, but he wanted to walk through.  The tourists hadn't quite arrived and every tree was so pretty.  I saw a particularly beautiful tree with low hanging branches and a view of Jefferson monument in the back and mentioned we should come back and take our picture there.  Apparently, he thought there was no time like the present; he asked a bystander to take our photo and got down on one knee.
    What do you and FI do for a living (optional): I'm a scuba instructor and my fiancé is an aviation rescue swimmer in the U.S. Navy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards