June 2014 Weddings
Options

We picked the date and are signing for the venue!

It's all coming together!. FI and I discussed engagement and our families knew by Thanksgiving 2012. We went the non traditional route and picked the ring together in December. It's custom made so I had no idea when it would be ready. He finally proposed last Saturday, 1/19/13!!!

We looked at a venue we've been eyeing the past couple months and now we've made an appointment to sign the contract and book it for June 28, 2014! It seems so far away though because I'm so excited. Does anyone else feel like a year and 5 months is forever?!

Re: We picked the date and are signing for the venue!

• Options
    Congrats! We just booked our church (no reception venue yet) for June 28. And yes, a year and 5 months IS forever!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are June 28 as well! We have been engaged since October 2011 so I def feel your pain with waiting. It will go by faster than we all think though!
  • Options
    Congrats! We got engaged October 2012 and are getting married June 14, 2014. I really feel like it is going to be forever until then. At least it gives us enough time to plan and get first pick on everything since we are doing it so early!
    Check out my wedding blog for great New England venues! http://anewenglandwedding.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    We got engaged November 2012, and the wedding is June 7th, 2014. I wish it was sooner, but I've come to terms with where we are in life and mainly our budget... But my mom is going nuts! Everytime I see her she asks why we cant do the wedding THIS june! She's already contributing to our budget, but not paying for the whole thing and there's no way we can swing the rest of the money in 5 months!

Planning is sooo exciting!
  • Options
    I've had quite a few people tell me, "Wow...your wedding is a long way off!" But I've also had my best friend tell me, "I'm so proud of you... You're not going to be struggling or stressing about anything because you're starting now." The time will go by so quickly it will FEEL like it was just a few minutes ago that you posted that! :D

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_we-picked-the-date-and-are-signing-for-the-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:01333e5f-0b45-4043-9e66-7dedd09d39c7Post:8664a063-b5c8-44f4-8fbb-3ff463f6be43">Re: We picked the date and are signing for the venue!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! We got engaged October 2012 and are getting married June 14, 2014. I really feel like it is going to be forever until then. At least it gives us enough time to plan and get first pick on everything since we are doing it so early!
    Posted by spud16[/QUOTE]
    Interestingly, NaniLoa
  • Options

congrats! Ive been engaged since August and and 5 months flew by...It's going to fly by! :)

• Options
    hi all I just got engaged yesterday (2/14/13)  and we set  the date for june 25 2014  how soon is to soon to book a catering hall? 
  • Options
    HTR10HTR10 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013
    LOL I feel like we have had the longest engagement (25 months total), we got engaged in May and will be getting married June 7, 2014. So fear not ladies, I have been told how far away my wedding date is for about 9 months so far, you are not alone! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_we-picked-the-date-and-are-signing-for-the-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:01333e5f-0b45-4043-9e66-7dedd09d39c7Post:acb26b43-c39b-4e25-b96b-bcf41b5b22dd">Re: We picked the date and are signing for the venue!</a>:
    [QUOTE]hi all I just got engaged yesterday (2/14/13)  and we set  the date for june 25 2014  how soon is to soon to book a catering hall? 
    Posted by angelicscars85[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It is never to early to do it.... My FI and I wanted 6/14/14 but that was booked 2 years in advance for this date, so we ended up going with 6/21/14.  The venue is what chose our date for us.  I would encourage you to atleast inquire about them  :)

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards